The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

In Need Of A Graphic Designer

Share your creative endeavors
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

In Need Of A Graphic Designer

Post by Entity »

I have an autistic friend who is a huge zelda fan, and it's basically his dream to make his own zelda-style game, so I'm helping him with that. He's overflowing with content, and I've got the programming taken care of, but it needs graphics.

The game is a tile based, top down game (like Minish Cap, google it). All the tiles will be 16x16 (although large trees may take up a 3x3 grid of tiles etc...) and some bosses may be have special cases. Tiles and animations will need to be in sprite sheets like this:

I can't pay you, because it's really just a hobby project :P But you'll get your name stuck in the credits (and right now there's only two names, me and him), and early access to the game of course :)

Also, he's pretty picky. If the art looks good, he'll be happy with them, but if they need work he won't hesitate to say so :P Just let me know if you're interested!
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Man, I wish I could help you out. It seems there are limited graphic designers (if any) here on the forums... Most people chose the programming route haha :P
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Heh, like me :P My best friend is in college now, and he was super good with this sort of stuff. I always turned to him before... but now he's too busy :(
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

I'm sure If I put my mind to it, I might be able to attempt some sort of graphical help. I'm pretty good at texturing. My skills waver when it comes to illustrating entities though.

%startannounce Entity is looking for a graphic designer! %endannounce %ends2/18/2014
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

I sure can help.

I am a professional designer and have studied it since preschool.
Grass? Sure can. Trees? Absolutely.

I am also working for a company to work on a game.
I was chosen as the Sprite Designer.

Here is an sneak peek of the game.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

You can use any of my tracks for this project. Just ask me which one and I'll give you the mp3
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

StreetLights wrote:You can use any of my tracks for this project. Just ask me which one and I'll give you the mp3
Wow, thanks! I'll take a look through them and see if there's any that fit the style. Dubstep isn't really what he wanted for the soundtrack (Dubstep is too "intrusive," like "LOOK AT ME!" whereas most soundtracks are just background music), but if I can find something that fits I'll definitely use it!

EDIT: Looked through a few tracks and actually they sound like they might work really well in a few boss battles and stuff :9 Won't really know for sure until we get to that point (soundtrack is one of the later things we do), so I'll get back to you. Thanks so much though!
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

I could also provide music.
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Entity wrote:Wow, thanks! I'll take a look through them and see if there's any that fit the style. Dubstep isn't really what he wanted for the soundtrack (Dubstep is too "intrusive," like "LOOK AT ME!" whereas most soundtracks are just background music), but if I can find something that fits I'll definitely use it!

EDIT: Looked through a few tracks and actually they sound like they might work really well in a few boss battles and stuff :9 Won't really know for sure until we get to that point (soundtrack is one of the later things we do), so I'll get back to you. Thanks so much though!
My bandcamp has some Orchestral music under "Fragment"
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Thanks for the offers guys, I'm sure I'll be able to use everyone's music when we get to that point... but we're not there yet xP Not quite. It'll still be a little while, and for now I only need a graphic designer :P

I'll make another thread (or maybe just skype you guys) to try and work something out when I'm ready to compile the soundtrack :) Thanks for the help!
Wazi wrote:Image
You're hired.
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

I might be able to do some of the spritework. I don't have much experience with animation, but I'm a pretty good artist. Throw me an idea and I'll see what I can do.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Rabbidfan236 wrote:I might be able to do some of the spritework. I don't have much experience with animation, but I'm a pretty good artist. Throw me an idea and I'll see what I can do.
Alright, I'll send you a PM :)
Hollabyte

Post by Hollabyte »

Wazi still has the best reply for this thread. ;)
👋 I used to be known as Prototype 🙂 🤖
ZeroSwordsMaster
Editorial Staff

Post by ZeroSwordsMaster »

I can help;you can even look through some of my digital art, although out of the drawings, only the last two are more recent.