The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Big Levels Not Loading All The Way

Having technical issues or problems with the game? Let us know here!
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Big Levels Not Loading All The Way

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Whenever I try to load a big level in design mode (More than 80% capacity), more often than not the game will load a portion of it, and then just... stop. The loading message stays on the screen, but the level just stops loading and stays like it is, and then you can't interact with anything and have to fire up the game all over again. Anyone else having this problem? If so, any fixes?
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Yes, I have and there was a temporary fix for it. I just don't remember how.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

I can name one effective fix, but it only works on already-uploaded levels that you want to edit.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Mine is doing it and my design I worked (forever on) with yesterday was only at around 47% capacity. It only loads to 28% and continually shows the rotating loading sign, doesn't load anything other than blocks and checkpoints, and leaves all traps, moving platform paths, and all else out. I'm going to be really pissed if I have to do this all again lol- I was over 3/4 of the way done and it was pretty epic.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Care to upload the level file somewhere? I've never had this issue; I wonder what would happen if I tried to open it in my copy of the game.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Care to upload the level file somewhere? I've never had this issue; I wonder what would happen if I tried to open it in my copy of the game.
Well, with a little tinkering the other day I was able to remedy it, however there's no guarantee what I did will be permanent, so I'll post future files if the issue persists. Thanks!
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Care to upload the level file somewhere? I've never had this issue; I wonder what would happen if I tried to open it in my copy of the game.
I'm not working on any levels at all right now, but I'll definitely do this with my next project if I have the issue again.
RetroBandit
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by RetroBandit »

this just happened to me!

My level was only at 32% though.
I think I am flying?
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

For once a glitch isn't actually happening to me, so it must be to do with specific people's hardware. Maybe post your specs?
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

Let me try loading the level on my other pc. This one has better specs so mabey that has something to do with it even though I can run 80% levels without lag but whatever
I think I am flying?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

StreetLights wrote: For once a glitch isn't actually happening to me, so it must be to do with specific people's hardware. Maybe post your specs?

Well, I'm really not having the issue at all anymore. I'm guessing maybe something Nin did eliminated it.
Herleos143

Post by Herleos143 »

im having the same problem... i'll try my PC.. lol..
RetroBandit

Post by RetroBandit »

I think this can be fixed by reinstalling.

I never have this problem anymore.
I think I am flying?