The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Are You A Good Person?

Chat about anything
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:Indeed. I know you've already answered the question, but my main question is this. Even with some uncertainty, what drives you to believe it, and what helps you choose the religion you follow?

Its the one question I can't seem to get a straight answer with. Defence mechanisms always seem to flare up, and I never get an answer. Nobody can seem to admit that they do or don't know why.

I'll try to explain the best I can:

When people are raised learning about a certain religion, they hear all sorts of things about God. In the case of Christianity, it's about love and tolerance, and often times people hear about God and how he'll wash away all their sins, and how he essentially created the world. People become fascinated and amazed by it, and they begin to have this feeling of "I want to follow/serve this man".

I dunno if that's what you were looking for, but that's kind of a basic rundown of what happens.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

ElectroYoshi wrote:When people are raised learning about a certain religion, they hear all sorts of things about God. In the case of Christianity, it's about love and tolerance, and often times people hear about God and how he'll wash away all their sins, and how he essentially created the world. People become fascinated and amazed by it, and they begin to have this feeling of "I want to follow/serve this man".
Which, even as a slightly undecided agnostic/non-believing (Yes, those are fairly large opposites.) person, I would never undercut how astonished I am by religions in general. Despite discussion often times leading towards arguments - and many amounts of prejudices across history can be traced back, at least in part, to religious beliefs. Despite the politics religions can at times create. I am always very interested in the stories, beliefs and acts of kindness, that I think are enjoyable, if they are respectful, regardless of ones beliefs systems.
Miniike

Re: Are You A Good Person?

Post by Miniike »

should I read this
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Rattle

Re: Are You A Good Person?

Post by Rattle »

this thread is fucking crazy. god bless atmosphir

also no don't read it