The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir Trademarks

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Atmosphir Trademarks

Post by Entity »

Just pasting this from some random website that may or may not start with a V:

Okay;

http://www.uspto.gov/

Go to: "Search for Trademarks"; Go to: "Basic Word Mark Search (New User)", Search Term: "Atmosphir"

Above: Screencap of the United States Patent and Trademark Office's records (as of today, March 2nd, 2014), displaying the "Atmosphir" trademark, filed March 18, 2010 by Minor Studios LLC California, 12th Floor, 199 Fremont Street, San Francisco, officially registered into the database on October 26, 2010 for the service of "Interactive game software; Video game software; Virtual reality game software."

The trademark is listed as "LIVE", meaning that the trademark has not been terminated. If a trademark is live but abandoned, then the database will have under the Live/Dead Indicator a "Date of Abandonment". This is not visible on Atmosphir's listing. The database does not have any information regarding any change in the status of this trademark, not even if it were sold to a different company.

I can conclude from this that Minor Ventures or possibly a new team at Minor Studios still has something planned for this trademark. No company would sit on a trademark like this if they were making no effort to put it to use.

It may also be interesting to note that the trademark was only filed around the time that Atmosphir left beta, and that there are no TESS entries for Minor Studios or Voxelus.

/end transmission
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

MIND BLOW
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

I don't know what to think now... If they're working on something, they aren't doing it under the old name.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Interactive storyteller eh?

Anyone remember Cadence of Seasons? Man, that looked amazing.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.

Post by Baufritz »

is that still online somewhere? I'd love to take a look through that again...
If it's broken, fix it.
Entity
Editorial Staff

Post by Entity »

Baufritz wrote:is that still online somewhere? I'd love to take a look through that again...
Well it was never finished (as far as I know?), but Dave posted about it on his portfolio. Here's the video:

[media=youtube]r6WlQKFz9vc[/media]
Nin
Developer

Post by Nin »

You guys are getting ahead of yourselves by another two-three years. Trademarks remain valid for a minimum of 6 years without maintenance, after the initial registration. You can see more about the specifics here.
Baufritz

Post by Baufritz »

Nin wrote:You guys are getting ahead of yourselves by another two-three years. Trademarks remain valid for a minimum of 6 years without maintenance, after the initial registration. You can see more about the specifics here.

Thanks for shattering our hopes and dreams.
If it's broken, fix it.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Even if this somehow hinted at the possibility of a team working on Atmosphir, so what? I mean, atmosphir would really not be the same with a different development team behind it that doesn't know what the community was like and what was successful (or a failure, for that matter). We already have 2 games in the works based around the same concept that are made by past Minor Studios developers and we have Atmosphir somewhat running here, community-run.
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

I'd say that the system we have now is good enough.
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

bionicnacho wrote:Even if this somehow hinted at the possibility of a team working on Atmosphir, so what? I mean, atmosphir would really not be the same with a different development team behind it that doesn't know what the community was like and what was successful (or a failure, for that matter). We already have 2 games in the works based around the same concept that are made by past Minor Studios developers and we have Atmosphir somewhat running here, community-run.
The YouTube channel is still up, that might help.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Flameforlife wrote:The YouTube channel is still up, that might help.
Sorry, help with what?
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

How everything was, what failed.
Baufritz

Post by Baufritz »

Flameforlife wrote:The YouTube channel is still up, that might help.

Well, Youtube channels stay up, even if they're inactive...so that doesn't get you anywhere.
If it's broken, fix it.