The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Lotw 3/11/14: Cosmic Waste By Atmohello

Share great levels you've made or played.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Lotw 3/11/14: Cosmic Waste By Atmohello

Post by Entity »

"All kinds of industrial garbage was left behind in this metal wasteland drifting aimlessly in space," the description reads. "Make your way to the top of this junk heap while collecting powerups and treasure on your way."

When I was playing this level, the first words that came to mind were difficult, harsh, and unforgiving. But as I slowly got further and further, the words changed to satisfying and rewarding. The challenges are certainly difficult, but the rush you'll get from beating this level is certainly well worth the effort.

You start out with no jump and very low walk speed. At first it's unclear where to go, but you soon discover where to go, and the main mechanic of the level is introduced: jumping on barrels. While new and unique puzzles are introduced, this core feature never changes; if you see a barrel, you should probably jump on it. And each and every barrel was clearly placed with care. All the jumps are perfectly distanced, and sometimes when you think you've found a mistake in the level... it actually turns out to be a feature.

And in addition to the nice visuals, the level is positively packed with coins. Be sure to check every crevice, every nook, every corner to find all the points (and post your highscore below).

This felt just like one of the levels I played back in the old days. Just difficult enough to keep me banging my head on my desk, but yet the goal always seems within reach, beckoning me to try just one more time. This level is certainly deserving of this title. Good job Hello, nice to have you back (I hope?)
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Oh, I had not actually seen this yet :) I will be sure to check it out here soon!