The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The 1-hour Creation | A Short Level

Share great levels you've made or played.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

The 1-hour Creation | A Short Level

Post by SirWrek »

So, I made a level. *waits for applause to die down

Yes, for the first time in about two years folks. It's rough, but it's a start.

I'd include a screenshot, but I'm lazy and you can go play it for yourself. Although it isn't showing up, I've scored 2837 on it, so see if you can beat my time and lives left.

You start with 2 (technically 3) lives and 2 minutes and must find the finish before time runs out. It's a short but probably mostly beginner-intermediate level in difficulty.

Enjoy!

Description from level thread below:

"Many will try, few will prevail. Dive into this perilous intermediate challenge at your own risk. A classic take on directionless adventure levels."

:3

EDIT: Image

Also, see if you can beat my score. :D You probably can. I suck now haha.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Not sure if supposed to be able to grab that ladder and just failing, or if I'm supposed to go somewhere else...
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Image
Not sure if supposed to be able to grab that ladder and just failing, or if I'm supposed to go somewhere else...
Oh, you can definitely grab the ladder. I did. :p

And I haven't played Atmos in FOREVER.

Come on Wowfun. ;-)
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

SirWrek wrote:Oh, you can definitely grab the ladder. I did. :p

And I haven't played Atmos in FOREVER.

Come on Wowfun. ;-)
I spent about an hour trying earlier.

An hour I could've used to do my French homework, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! xD
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I spent about an hour trying earlier.

An hour I could've used to do my French homework, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! xD
:p

Okay, okay. I'll play it again and make sure I didn't accidentally change the jump value again before uploading haha. If you all insist... 0_o

EDIT: Image

Yep, still possible. 8D

My recommendation, just jump forward, at a 45 degree angle to the column of blocks and then turn quickly and catch the bottom rung of the ladder segments. :3

EDIT: Feel free to also check out the "The 20-Minutes Level' level I created in...wait for it...twenty minutes. It's another time trial, but a shorter, easier one. Enjoy!