The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

The Onemoreblock Logo

A place to talk about our community
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Cheers. \o/
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Cheers. \o/
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Still, we're the first actual search result after Google's featured video.
Wazi

Post by Wazi »

ONE MORE BLOCK
There I fixed it
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Search results and original intents don't matter. What matters is the site's current state, and as it is, we are indistinguishable from a crappy minecraft server. The mere fact that numerous other sites use this name should tell you guys we need to change it.

At this point, I'm for either revamping OMB or moving to a new site, but if we do the former, EVERYTHING NEEDS TO CHANGE. Period. This is not a suitable site for hosting a game. At the very least we can make it sound more like one. You guys are forgetting we need to advertise at some point (a game without players is dead), and Exosphir is just a more appealing name for an Atmosphir revival.

Also you are all horrible people for not bringing this up.

And yes, I'm (probably) back (for now) and working on an Atmosphir level. But I will leave again if nothing changes.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

This may be more of an unrealistic thought more than any sort of of actual plan. However, I think it would be quite nice if we were able to essentially recreate the old Atmosphir beta site's layout and look. I can't actually get an old version of it to format correctly in the Wayback Machine, but if Xenforo had the abilities - I think, even with our current name, that would be a very reminiscent and I think we could probably work a lot of the features we want to add to the site into that sort of theme.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Miniike wrote:Search results don't matter. What matters is the site's current state, and as it is, we are indistinguishable from a crappy minecraft server
How do you think Dave found the site? How do you think all of the really old people who have popped up in the Introduce Yourself thread were able to still know to come here after years, despite missing the entire transition through Voxelus?

What's happening is people first go to atmosphir.com, and when that doesn't work, they Google "Atmosphir", and Google brings them here.

I really don't see how the name is inherently tied to Minecraft. Yeah, some other people have used it in regards to Minecraft, but nothing super well known or anything. The only thing that really kind of ties this site to Minecraft at the moment is the logo, which I agree should probably be changed.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Wowfunhappy wrote:How do you think Dave found the site? How do you think all of the really old people who have popped up in the Introduce Yourself thread were able to still know to come here after years, despite missing the entire transition through Voxelus?

What's happening is people first go to atmosphir.com, and when that doesn't work, they Google "Atmosphir", and Google brings them here.

I really don't see how the name is inherently tied to Minecraft. Yeah, some other people have used it in regards to Minecraft, but nothing super well known or anything. The only thing that really kind of ties this site to Minecraft at the moment is the logo, which I agree should probably be changed.
Touche in regards to the search results, but I still think most people would identify the name with Minecraft. Atmosphir isn't even that "blocky". It has blocks in it. That's about it.

EDIT: Also our aim should be to bring new people in rather then old people back.
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Miniike wrote: EDIT: Also our aim should be to bring new people in rather then old people back.
I agree with this, but I can see us accomplishing both.

Also, with respect to the name, I think I read somewhere awhile back that Wowfun's been trying to buy the Atmosphir domain name (Wowfun, if you're reading this, correct me if I'm wrong). I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with respect to that. It may not turn out to be a big deal, but changing the name is still worth at least looking into.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

So yeah, I was just sharing my screen. Instant reaction of my friend "What are you doing? that looks like a minecraft community."
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

StreetLights wrote:So yeah, I was just sharing my screen. Instant reaction of my friend "What are you doing? that looks like a minecraft community."
SHOCKING
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

bionicnacho wrote:Am I the only one that actually likes the name "OneMoreBlock"?
I like the name. A new logo, I like the idea, but we should just keep the name the same, there's no real point to changing it. Atmosphir was at times, blocky! So just keep the name the same, but with a new look.

As for the new, Atmosphiry atmosphere, I've mentioned this before in another thread which I recently took down. I like the idea of the way Atmosphir looked during it's last few months, or the original blue or gray. Everyone complained (Or at least I did) when the whiter, and "cleaner" look came out in an update. Go one update before that (The gray one with the old logo), and I think we're golden. Watch this video, the site from this, or the blue, would suit us well. With Adz's logo idea, of course.

[media=youtube]Oz0LiDjCnsU[/media]
tta

Post by tta »

sites with urls that differ from the name of the site depicted in the logo are more common than people think; we can keep the OMB url and just put exosphir in the logo
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

ElectroYoshi wrote:I agree with this, but I can see us accomplishing both.

Also, with respect to the name, I think I read somewhere awhile back that Wowfun's been trying to buy the Atmosphir domain name (Wowfun, if you're reading this, correct me if I'm wrong). I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with respect to that. It may not turn out to be a big deal, but changing the name is still worth at least looking into.
Yep, I have a reservation on the domain to buy it as soon as it expires next winter. Someone could outbid us easily but I'm hopeful that won't happen. If a domain squatter gets it I'm going to try to complain to ICANN (because domain squatting is illegal).
Gtarmetro

Post by Gtarmetro »

How about we give this site a more simplistic feel? Here are some examples:
Spoiler
Backing Keyboardist, Rhythm Guitar, and Harmony for Zach Seabaugh Band
Private Contractor @ Concert Music in Murfreesboro, TN
Desk Assistant @ MTSU
//Just trying to make a living doing what I love
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

...How do I upload my idea? Sorry for my stupididty...
I try to open the upload button, and it won't find my picture. And if it does, it says it doesn't have an allowed extension?
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Flameforlife wrote:...How do I upload my idea? Sorry for my stupididty...
I try to open the upload button, and it won't find my picture. And if it does, it says it doesn't have an allowed extension?
Upload it to an image hosting site like Photobucket or Imageshack, and then embed the link here.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
ThatOneFox

Post by ThatOneFox »

Use an image hosting website. The upload button only accepts .atmo files.
:skull: :bungee: Keith Keiser has a better ass than you :bungee: :skull:
Flameforlife

Post by Flameforlife »

StreetLights wrote:Use an image hosting website. The upload button only accepts .atmo files.
Which one would you suggest? As I said, I'm stupid. Is that how everyone else does theirs?
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Flameforlife wrote:Which one would you suggest?(1) As I said, I'm stupid. Is that how everyone else does theirs?(2)
1) I personally like using postimage.org, but imgur works pretty well too. You can also just take a screenshot with ShareX, which will automatically upload it to imgur after you take it.

2) Yep. Every image on this entire forum is posted the same way.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.