The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Spike Traps Don't Trigger

Having technical issues or problems with the game? Let us know here!
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Spike Traps Don't Trigger

Post by SirWrek »

I was messing around with a level in design mode when suddenly all of my spiked floor traps stopped working at all. I moved their adjustment settings around and still nothing worked. So then I opened up the level browser and went back to play some levels that I knew used them and those weren't performing as well. I'll restart the client and see if it works, but I figured I'd let you all know it's doing it on at least one version for sure, and I checked to make sure everything should otherwise be working as well.

EDIT: Temporary fix if you restart the client, however it may or may not do it again so be sure to save your designs before you keep restarting it. Also, it may stop working mid-level as well, which could help or hinder your progress significantly.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Oh wow. What exactly did you do before they stopped working?

Also, what do you mean by "not working"? Will they not go up and down or will they just not deal damage?
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

bionicnacho wrote:Oh wow. What exactly did you do before they stopped working?

Also, what do you mean by "not working"? Will they not go up and down or will they just not deal damage?
Well, as far as I can tell I was just working on the level as normal before it stopped working at all.

As for not working, they wouldn't go up at all or do any damage, no matter where you stand on them or how long.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.