The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

What Did You Get For Christmas?

Chat about anything
tta

What Did You Get For Christmas?

Post by tta »

I'm only gonna list games:

Crash bandicoot 3: Warped
Ratchet and Clank: Up your arsenal
Crash Twinsanity
Sonic Colors (DS Version)
Kid Icarus Uprising
Little Big Planet 2 (Collector's edition)

And a 3ds XL. :D

Fixed a bad typo in the topic title - Wowfunhappy
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Looks like an awesome list!

I love Kid Icarus, and while I wasn't able to play LBP2 for nearly long enough (only had the PS3 for one week, and used most of that time to play Uncharted and Journey), what I played was AMAZING.
tta

Post by tta »

I've heard that KI Uprising controls really wonky without the circle pad pro, but I'll just find out myself :/

And me getting LBP2 was technically a mistake because the person who got it for me mistook it for a psp game (I have a psp, but not a ps3)

Oh, and is Uncharted any good?

Also "Chrimbus" was intentional. :D
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

tta wrote:I've heard that KI Uprising controls really wonky without the circle pad pro, but I'll just find out myself :/
The circle pad pro does almost nothing: it's only for left handed players. There's no way to use dual analog in Kid Icarus, period.

The controls are SUPER weird at first and you WILL hate them. Keep playing anyway: after a few hours, you'll probably come to like them. I know I did.

Once you get past the learning curve, they're actually a lot better than dual analog. They let you look and turn around really quickly, which is important in such a faced paced game. I can't imagine playing any other way.
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

I got Mario Galaxy instead of a Wii U. Wtf.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Call of Duty BO2 (Wii U)
Halo 4 (Xbox)
Battlefield 3 (Xbox)
Skyrim (Xbox)
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Miniike wrote:I got Mario Galaxy instead of a Wii U. Wtf.

That sucks. A lot. <_<

Mario Galaxy IS a great game though.

@tta As someone who dislikes shooters, I thought there was too much gunplay segments. It gets repetitive, and it's just less fun than the platforming-type segments. Escaping a crumbling building as a helicopter is firing at you is much more appealing than running down a random street using a gun to shoot people. But the latter is the minority.

Still a good game though. And if you do like shooters, you'll probably enjoy it more than I did.
luke5227

Post by luke5227 »

Shtuff
tta

Post by tta »

EVERYONE POST MORE SHTUFF

WHAT DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS LITTLE CHILDREN
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

A perfume and lot of foods.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Newah

Post by Newah »

You guys get so many expensive things. lol
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

i got a lump of coal
dragonbo

Post by dragonbo »

tta wrote: Oh, and is Uncharted any good?
Yes! Uncharted is an amzing game. It's got some great stories. The second one is the best, then the 3rd, and then the first. Uncharted 2 has the best story in my opinion and the graphics aren't much improved in the third. There is a lot of shooting, and the puzzles are okay, but the story is worth the more dull or repetitive moments, because the characters and voice acting are great. The only thing is, Uncharted is a PS3 game, and if I'm not mistaken you said you had a psp. But Uncharted is usually essential for PS3 owners, so if you get one, I'd certainly recommend series because I really enjoyed it myself.

Anyways, what I got was a collection of guitar picks, an itunes gift-card, a pair of headphones that I can plug into my amp with this little adapter, Black Ops 2, a shirt, 20 bucks, a Green Day t-shirt, and a book about Green Day.

Nothing huge this year. I am going to wait for next year to get a Wii U because I'm waiting for something that really sells it, like a new Zelda. I couldn't find any system sellers so far.
Skyshark

Post by Skyshark »

Got Far Cry 3, clothes and some video editing software. I'm lovin' FC3 right now - I'm actually having more fun with it than I had with Skyrim.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

TheLastLink wrote:i got a lump of coal
Same here! :P
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

For the holiday this year I received quite a few quality gifts (considering the economy) and gave some gifts that were well received!
I got:
A coffee mug, super appreciated!
Something like five scarfs which is lovely!
Some random assortment of accessories like a laptop tray and a super knife (which is like a pocket knife thing)
and around four or five amazon gift cards which is amazing!

I was a very happy little boy this year!
Spoiler
But the thing that I loved most of all this year was the gift of holiday cheer. I forever thank you mirthful obese saint Nickolas, consumer spending and perishing evergreen supported by minim amounts of water and festooned with glass, plastic and electrical wiring.
tta

Post by tta »

I also got Crash bandicoot 2, but it came the day after christmas.

@Dragonbo It sounds like that's gonna be one of the first things I pick up when I get a ps3! (Which is probably gonna be next year, either that, a psvita or an original xbox)
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

I got the iPod5 (5th generation)
A trip to Florida (WIP)
High School Class Ring
some candy
So not too much but it's still real nice to get even something small like candy for Christmas :)