The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

'new Aesthetic' Opinions?

Chat about anything
Phantomboy

'new Aesthetic' Opinions?

Post by Phantomboy »

For those who haven't heard of the term 'New Aesthetic' prior to this post I'll offer a quick explanation. Essentially this design trend is culminating physical and digital art mediums, not necessarily just in the normal 'manufacturing' of the art process but in the final product as well.

Such as the QR codes that have made their way into the 'Kyle Trowbridge’s The Politics of Time at Dorsch Gallery' or the Google Maps pin that was erected in Berlin.

I am personally very excepting of new artistic movements, as a younger person though I am sure that is kind of common- I want to know what are your opinions? Is New Aesthetic a valid art movement? does it have a place in the art world, if so where? What affects do you think it might have in other art fields such as play writing, tv, movies and books?
Newah

Post by Newah »

Erm, I don't personally think that colorful QR codes belong in an art gallery or museum, but that's just me. But in general, the concept sounds interesting. And the Google Maps pin in Berlin is pretty neat.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

They are art so I think they should be in a museum, nothing wrong with any for of art!
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Generally speaking, I wish more people put time into making their qr codes look visually pleasing. As long as phones will still scan them, you might as well make them look nice.

Phantomboy, maybe you could give us some more examples of New Aesthetic pieces? I've never heard the term before, and I'm still not entirely sure what types of art it embodies.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

I think it was blocks, bits and pixels.... Like transforming your real life t-shirt into pixelated t-shirt and tell your friends you came from a computer game.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Generally speaking, I wish more people put time into making their qr codes look visually pleasing. As long as phones will still scan them, you might as well make them look nice.

Phantomboy, maybe you could give us some more examples of New Aesthetic pieces? I've never heard the term before, and I'm still not entirely sure what types of art it embodies.
ImageImage

It's hard to entirely express- sort of using modern day technology and references to technology to blend real life and tech- these pictures kind of represent that!
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

@Phantom Interesting, I like a lot and I am glad they are going to be recognized more as art.