The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

About Custom Atmosphir Servers

General discussion about Atmosphir.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

I'm interested in configuring all the codes in order to make the game open source or all the secret features are enabled and customized music and GUI and local multiplayer.

Let's turn Atmosphir into Opensphir.

I look forward to the compiled .dll with custom configuration, including bungees.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

freekboy31 wrote:I'm interested in configuring all the codes in order to make the game open source or all the secret features are enabled and customized music and GUI and local multiplayer.

Let's turn Atmosphir into Opensphir.

I look forward to the compiled .dll with custom configuration, including bungees.
It may take a while though, there's literally over 100 classes I need to copy over to my Visual Studio project for having a dll I can customize.

Edit:
I'm now one quarter through copying all of Atmosphir's classes.
I've copied 250 classes over so far. Approximately 750 more classes to copy over.
Unfortunately decompilers don't let you export the code. You can only copy it, and paste it into Visual Studio.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:It may take a while though, there's literally over 100 classes I need to copy over to my Visual Studio project for having a dll I can customize.

Edit:
I'm now one quarter through copying all of Atmosphir's classes.
I've copied 250 classes over so far. Approximately 750 more classes to copy over.
Unfortunately decompilers don't let you export the code. You can only copy it, and paste it into Visual Studio.
Oh gosh, that sounds like a nightmare- I am shocked that it doesn't allow you to simply export the code, I am sure that is a valid reason somewhere I suppose. Thank you for all of your help :)
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

So, I have 627 classes copied of about roughly 1000 classes that Atmosphir needs to function. I'm about three quarters done now.
Newah

Post by Newah »

Thanks for the work Sebastian. You're awesome. :D

If we do start modding, we should make sure that we make a universal build of sorts, or that we use some system to make sure that we're all on the same page...
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Newah wrote:Thanks for the work Sebastian. You're awesome. :D

If we do start modding, we should make sure that we make a universal build of sorts, or that we use some system to make sure that we're all on the same page...
I'll update The Atmosphir Collection. Of course, Mac users will be let out, but I guess that's just how it goes...
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

Guys, if you actually are starting to mod, how bout you try to figure out how to make a build that starts with everything unlocked.
All the clothes, weps, cars, etc.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

TheLastLink wrote:Guys, if you actually are starting to mod, how bout you try to figure out how to make a build that starts with everything unlocked.
All the clothes, weps, cars, etc.
We'll need a custom server to do that.
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

ok
boss

Post by boss »

This is really interesting. How could you redirect atmosphir.com to a custom url, though? Someone would need to purchase the site, correct?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

No! You can edit a file on your computer to redirect Atmosphir.com to some other IP. (Or mod the game, which requires more work but is something people are making progress with)
boss

Post by boss »

Wowfunhappy wrote:No! You can edit a file on your computer to redirect Atmosphir.com to some other IP. (Or mod the game, which requires more work but is something people are making progress with)
Ah, I see. I guess I should have thought of that.

Anyway, this looks super awesome. I'll be keeping a close eye on the progress here.
eXoDuS
Administrator

Post by eXoDuS »

Seems you guys are having fun.

Just to clarify something, Atmosphir.exe is nothing more than the Unity player, basically any unity game have the exact same .exe (well, changes between unity versions) just with a different name, all the actual code is in a dll, which is loaded by the player (the exe).

Also, copying the code into a VS dll project wont work, the dll is compiled by Unity, using a mono subset. If you compile a dll using VS the game will fail to load it.

Regards,
Xavier.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Hmm... Sebastian, would it be possible to just load the code in Unity instead of VS? Unity3d is a free download.

Of course, I don't know if Unity would make you import the assets as well... if it DOES, you might be able to just import the .unity3d files. I'm KNOW I've gotten Atmosphir assets to load in Unity before, but come to think of it, I might have used cached files from the web version... The assets from the desktop version might be encrypted...

...Then again, if they're encrypted, we have the encryption key, courtesy of those decompiled dll files...

Edit: Another option is that I could stop being lazy and find out for myself whether Unity can load those files instead of waiting for someone else to find out for me. Seriously, why am I relying on everyone else? Imma go do that.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Well, i've been trying to load in the .unty3d files and ive had no luck with any of them. Looks like it can't open them.

And to be able to compile everything in unity, you DO need all of the assets loaded in there because if not it will throw lots of compiler errors
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Grrr, you're right, they won't open, but I don't think it's because they're encrypted. While trying to open them, I remember doing something else the last time I tried this, when I'd actually gotten it to work... but I don't remember what...
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Grrr, you're right, they won't open, but I don't think it's because they're encrypted. While trying to open them, I remember doing something else the last time I tried this, when I'd actually gotten it to work... but I don't remember what...
Yeah they aren't encrypted... its just that unity wont open them. I think you can open them in the web player, but not on Unity3d itself and load them in so that you can use them
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Sebastian was able to reveal the code. Can't we then simply copy and paste the code in a new unity project. Why not create a new unity project and add a blank dll, name it the same as the dlll used in Atmosphir and paste the code that had been revealed. Finally, we can compile the dll from unity. There is no need to open the dll in unity, is there? Correct me if I am wrong.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Nazmus wrote:Sebastian was able to reveal teh code. Can't we then simply copy and paste the code in a new unity project. Why not create a new unity project and add a blank dll, name it the same as the dlll used in Atmosphir and paste the code that had been revealed. Finally, we can compile the dll from unity. There is no need to open the dll in unity, is there? Correct me if I am wrong.
Not the dll, but you need the assets to be able to build it
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

bionicnacho wrote:Not the dll, but you need the assets to be able to build it
No, but Sebastian was able to crack the code behind the dlls. He used some external program that decomiled the dll frim its IL form to actual C# code. Since we HAVE the C# code behind the DLLs, we can just copy-paste it. I know you don't have the c# code, but Sebastian has it.