The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Oh, I Hate Doing This, But... I Lost A Book.

Chat about anything
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Oh, I Hate Doing This, But... I Lost A Book.

Post by ElectroYoshi »

...I got a problem on my hands.

I asked this on Yahoo! Answers at about 3:00 this afternoon but the only answer I have on there so far is...
...well...
...y'know...
...fulla crap.

So here it is, directly from Yahoo! Answers.

So I'm in French yesterday and I'm done with my test, so I got out this book ive been reading that is getting REALLY good.

...or more accurately I tried to, but discovered it wasn't in my binder where I left it. I already checked the Biology and Engineering rooms, and the gym, but didn't find it in any of those. Those are also the only 3 classes I have before French, so I don't know where else it could've ended up, because it wasnt in the Lost and Found either. also, I have absolutely NO idea HOW I dropped this thing in the first place, which doesn't help.

Is there anything more I can do? I did briefly contemplate putting up a flyer or two around school, but I wanted to check first.

I know you shouldn't ask about minor things like this in forums, and I hate doing that, but if there's one thing I know about losing something in school, It's this: It is MUCH more likely to get stolen than if you lost it at home. You would be amazed at how many stories I've heard about people I go to school with losing their phones/books/lunch money because they dropped it somewhere and never seeing it again.

Sooo... Now what...?
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Get another copy. It's a book.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Edited topic title to be more descriptive.

Honestly, I'd have to agree with Prime. If it's gone, it's gone. You could TRY using flyers, but that takes a lot of effort, and the chances of it working seem unlikely. Buy another one. At least it's a book and not, say, a cell phone.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Yea, I knew a guy who got his phone stolen and bought a replacement from his friend, which got stolen within 24 hours as well.
Whereas if it's a book, it's about $20 depending on if it's hardcover or not. You'd better just buy a new one instead of wasting good energy to find the old one.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Prime wrote:Yea, I knew a guy who got his phone stolen and bought a replacement from his friend, which got stolen within 24 hours as well.
Whereas if it's a book, it's about $20 depending on if it's hardcover or not. You'd better just buy a new one instead of wasting good energy to find the old one.
Yup, just order a new one.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

...Everyone thinks I should just replace it, eh? Can't say that surprises me...

Almost immediately after I posted this thread yesterday it dawned on me that I hadn't checked the French room ITSELF yet, so I'm gonna make that a priority when I get back to school Monday, but if that doesn't help, I'll just take this advice.

This book was a Christmas gift, so I was hoping I wouldn't have to, but oh well...
Newah

Post by Newah »

It's kind of hard to give instruction on how to find something...that's kind of basic, and without knowing the exact layout of your living quarters, it's hard to tell you where to look.

It's also hard to take this too seriously, considering it's just a book, which seems rather inconsequential compared to alternatives like expensive phones or electronic devices.
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Newah wrote: It's also hard to take this too seriously, considering it's just a book, which seems rather inconsequential compared to alternatives like expensive phones or electronic devices.
Like I said, I hate asking about these things on forums. The only reason I even bothered was because I haven't garnered anything on Yahoo Answers yet other than some idiot telling me to "Get a magnifying glass". Seriously, WOULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE FLYING FRACK THAT EVEN MEANS!!!???
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

ElectroYoshi wrote:other than some idiot telling me to "Get a magnifying glass".
Lol! Wow. I mean, really? A magnifying glass?! Some people...