The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Piers Morgan

Chat about anything
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Piers Morgan

Post by TheLastLink »

Discuss
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Uh- Is there some new news regarding Piers Morgan, from the little amounts of research I did on him nothing seems to be making front pages.. I surprisingly heard more of him second hand than I have actually seen of his talent shows. I feel as if I am missing something-
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

[media=youtube]avOV6_42xe4[/media]
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Jeez, It is honestly really disappointing that two grown adults cannot keep their mouths shut long enough to hold a valid and consecutive discussion, not argument but discussion on a very serious issue. Gun violence is an issue, but absolutely no progress is going to be made with two people shouting utter nonsense at each other and accusing each other for twelve minutes. CNN should not at all be airing discussions that do little to nothing in actually informing people.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

[media=youtube]Lu0_YFxX62M[/media]
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Piers has a very good motive and enters the discussion with a very good point. He has strong opinions on the topic as I would guess most people would and perhaps I'm a bit bias as I agree with him, laws need to be put into place that force strict background checks. Now, that is not a 100% fix-all to gun violence, no laws enforced will be, however I do not see the harm in having strict laws for the purchasing of weapons. Unfortunately that is where my agreeance ends, besides his main point he completely lost respect and logical debating strategies. Piers would twist their words, ask a question and not allow a valid answer before scrutinizing every word out of their mouths, source information he didn't have an understanding of and generally made his point look invalid when it is in no way that.

On the topic of asking us to discuss the matters, what is your take on Piers? What is your opinions on gun restrictions?
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

Calls for "gun control" are purely an emotional response; not grounded in reality in any way.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

TheLastLink wrote:Calls for "gun control" are purely an emotional response; not grounded in reality in any way.
Very valid, now even if that's not my opinion that actually seems rather factual. The immediate response the public has had towards restricted gun laws definitely holds correlation to the recent emotional and physical effects of the shooting. I believe this should have been worked on a long time ago and not simply as a response to a crime.