The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

My Computer Freezes

Having technical issues or problems with the game? Let us know here!
Catgroove

My Computer Freezes

Post by Catgroove »

Everytime I want to play Atmosphir, my computer freezes when the window opens. I have no idea what's causing it and the internet has nothing that could help me.

What should I do?
bionicnacho
Administrator

Re: My Computer Freezes

Post by bionicnacho »

Hey! Welcome :)

Have you replaced the Assembly-CSharp.dll file, as instructed in this thread?
Catgroove

Post by Catgroove »

bionicnacho wrote:Hey! Welcome :)

Have you replaced the Assembly-CSharp.dll file, as instructed in this thread?
Yes, and I place the file in the correct directory. But it's most likely the game itself, or my computer, that's causing my computer to freeze. I have to restart my computer, per freeze, since the screen is... frozen, of course.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Catgroove

Post by Catgroove »

bionicnacho wrote:Try downloading freek's version:
http://onemoreblock.com/forum/viewtopic ... 697#p92697
It still doesn't work.
Catgroove

Post by Catgroove »

Bumping because I don't know what to do.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

I think I misunderstood while reading the original problem, and thought you were referring to freezing while trying to play multiplayer, but reading it over again I don't see anything regarding this. My apologies.

When exactly does this happen? Do you just open the game and right away it occurs?
Catgroove

Post by Catgroove »

bionicnacho wrote:I think I misunderstood while reading the original problem, and thought you were referring to freezing while trying to play multiplayer, but reading it over again I don't see anything regarding this. My apologies.

When exactly does this happen? Do you just open the game and right away it occurs?
Once I start the program, it begins to stop responding (showing the busy mouse icon whenever I hover over the window). After ten seconds or so, my computer instantly freezes. It ends up having my monitor displaying a frozen image. I have to force the computer to restart because I'm unable to do anything else.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Ah okay. In that case, I'm really not sure. Can you post your system's specs? Does this happen with anything else other than Atmosphir?
Catgroove

Post by Catgroove »

Manufacturer: Gigabyte
Rating: 5.9 Windows Experience Index
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display

This is what I found in my computer properties.

No other game I know has crashed for me. The only other Unity game I've played is Undertale - Red, and I'm not sure if that counts.
Catgroove

Post by Catgroove »

Bump.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

I really don't know what to tell you man... You're saying your entire system freezes when you open Atmosphir? I haven't heard this happening to anybody else. The specs on your system seem to be fine to me but I didn't really make the game. None of us did.
Catgroove

Post by Catgroove »

bionicnacho wrote:I really don't know what to tell you man... You're saying your entire system freezes when you open Atmosphir? I haven't heard this happening to anybody else. The specs on your system seem to be fine to me but I didn't really make the game. None of us did.
I know that, but there must be some way to prevent that freeze. It's an old Unity game, so there must be some kind of driver or something that prevents crashes like this.
Catgroove

Post by Catgroove »

Plus don't make me keep bumping this topic.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Catgroove wrote: I know that, but there must be some way to prevent that freeze. It's an old Unity game, so there must be some kind of driver or something that prevents crashes like this.
Well there probably is something, it's just that testing and troubleshooting is difficult when we aren't the ones which know all the specifics of the game. I dug around a bit and found a few forum posts around which mention a similar freeze in relation to Unity products.. they are more on the developer side, but I would recommend checking out a unity forum and asking about it-- gosh knows there are probably dozens of Unity experts to whom the problem will jump right out at them.

If possible, do you have access to a secondary computer that you could try installing Atmosphir on and see if causes the same issues?
Catgroove

Post by Catgroove »

Phantomboy wrote:
Catgroove wrote: I know that, but there must be some way to prevent that freeze. It's an old Unity game, so there must be some kind of driver or something that prevents crashes like this.
Well there probably is something, it's just that testing and troubleshooting is difficult when we aren't the ones which know all the specifics of the game. I dug around a bit and found a few forum posts around which mention a similar freeze in relation to Unity products.. they are more on the developer side, but I would recommend checking out a unity forum and asking about it-- gosh knows there are probably dozens of Unity experts to whom the problem will jump right out at them.

If possible, do you have access to a secondary computer that you could try installing Atmosphir on and see if causes the same issues?
Nope, and I'd doubt that the same thing would happen.
Catgroove

Post by Catgroove »

It's been a very long time since I came back here.

Not sure what to do now.