The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Modding Atmosphir

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Unity 3 is being used for Atmosphir. I would not use unit 4 to do any compiling even if it works because it can cause compatibility issues and create bugs.

I'm sure Atmosphir uses unity 3
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Nazmus wrote:Unity 3 is being used for Atmosphir. I would not use unit 4 to do any compiling even if it works because it can cause compatibility issues and create bugs.

I'm sure Atmosphir uses unity 3
It uses Unity 3.1.0f3.

Using unity 4 would just give out "outdated" errors... Although theres a possibility that it could break some stuff. Depends.

As i said before, i put a unity 3.5 file into 4 and it worked perfectly. Just "outdated class" errors.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

You know more than me, but the type of errors I'm getting (in Unity 4) don't seem like the types of things that would result from missing assets. They're things like "The type `AddLeaderboardRequest' already contains a definition for `OnSuccess'" and "Unexpected symbol `<', expecting `identifier'". If I didn't know better, I'd attribute these types of errors to simple bugs, but of course I know it did compile at some point.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Wowfunhappy wrote:You know more than me, but the type of errors I'm getting (in Unity 4) don't seem like the types of things that would result from missing assets. They're things like "The type `AddLeaderboardRequest' already contains a definition for `OnSuccess'" and "Unexpected symbol `<', expecting `identifier'". If I didn't know better, I'd attribute these types of errors to simple bugs, but of course I know it did compile at some point.
In that case, there is a possibility that it could be because of the version. Some unity versions change thr way certain classes work by requiring different things. You could try using 3.1.0f3 and see what happens
By the way, how are you importing the scripts? Attatching them to a gameobject or what?
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

get pokemaol on the line
he hacked into the game once remember
Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Mediafire deleted Sebastion's code. Darn mediafire. I've reuploaded it to OMB's servers (and updated the link)
Right, I forgot to mention. I re-uploaded the code, replacing the old link. I had to fix some errors in my copy and pasting.
Visual Studio helped in finding that I accidentally copied some classes twice in a row (No aid to compiling).

Here's an up to date link with those fixes.
http://www.mediafire.com/?p49epazpja869ru
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Ah, thank you Sebastion. I've updated the link in the first post.

This still won't compile in Unity, I'll try installing the older version tomorrow (Unless someone beats me to it).

Bionicnacho, when you open a new project in Unity, there's an Assets folder in the bottom left corner. I just dragged the .cs files into there.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

I'd like to note. There is only one thing keeping the code from compiling.
Unfortunately I have a free decompiler, and although it gave back most of the code, its made enough screw ups to make the code uncompilable.
The solution? I have to get a decompiler that can re translate what the other decompiler failed to do.

Only then can we compile the code.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:I'd like to note. There is only one thing keeping the code from compiling.
Unfortunately I have a free decompiler, and although it gave back most of the code, its made enough screw ups to make the code uncompilable.
The solution? I have to get a decompiler that can re translate what the other decompiler failed to do.

How much would a decompiler cost? Programs can be quite steep at times, is it out of your price range?
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:I'd like to note. There is only one thing keeping the code from compiling.

That would explain Wowfunhappy's error messages. Those looked like more with syntax or logic errors than missing assets.
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Phantomboy wrote:How much would a decompiler cost? Programs can be quite steep at times, is it out of your price range?
Well, I'm checking out a few trials as well, and they're just as much help. Each decompiler has its own interpretation, but I'm finding now, that we need the original source code files the devs wrote. Decompilers have limits, and when C# or VB is compiled to IL, enough data is lost to prevent some things from ever being translated back properly.

However, there is another way to enable developer mode in Atmosphir. On runtime, you would need to intercept the memory address that contains the value to turn developer mode on or off. Edit that, and Atmosphir would have all the dev features.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I don't know ANY c#, but for someone who does, how hard would it be to just go through and fix the errors?

Alternatively, are there any programs that will let us just edit the bytecode directly, without forcing a recompile? If a program is able to translate bytecode into c#, shouldn't it also be capable of translating that c# back into bytecode, without recompiling the entire project?
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

TheLastLink wrote:get pokemaol on the line
he hacked into the game once remember
Haha tis very true! :P
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Wowfunhappy wrote:I don't know ANY c#, but for someone who does, how hard would it be to just go through and fix the errors?

Alternatively, are there any programs that will let us just edit the bytecode directly, without forcing a recompile? If a program is able to translate bytecode into c#, shouldn't it also be capable of translating that c# back into bytecode, without recompiling the entire project?
No, that wouldn't work unfortunately. A ".exe" or ".dll" or ".dmg" or any type of program can't be edited like a text file, the code always has to be compiled.

In terms of fixing the errors manually, we'd most likely still have useless code, even if we could get it to compile. The reason is that, we don't know what the messed up lines of code used to do. We could get it working, but the game may straight up reject the dll because it got a wrong answer back.
TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by TheLastLink »

Also guys, if you do figure out how to mod atmosphir, see if you can make a version that's compatible with a server, and automatically gives you 100,000 atmos.
because reasons
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

TheLastLink wrote:Also guys, if you do figure out how to mod atmosphir, see if you can make a version that's compatible with a server, and automatically gives you 100,000 atmos.
because reasons
I believe that this is part of the ultimate goal. However, I believe the idea (if it can be done) is to basically give privilege to "buy" every clothing for free sense we do not have any method for buying atmos. From my understanding all of the assets of the store exist in the program files however standard users have some sort of code that requires the servers to say that they have bought the item.
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Phantomboy wrote:I believe that this is part of the ultimate goal. However, I believe the idea (if it can be done) is to basically give privilege to "buy" every clothing for free sense we do not have any method for buying atmos. From my understanding all of the assets of the store exist in the program files however standard users have some sort of code that requires the servers to say that they have bought the item.
I would think that in the database there is a field that asks if the user is a dev... You could essentially just in the db (since its custom hosted and not atmosphirs) set everyone to dev
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

While I don't actually know how this works, (Nin is making the custom server, not me) I'd imagine that we can set the price of clothing to zero server-side. However, I'm pretty sure there isn't a simple flag that marks someone as a developer.
Sebastian Lawe wrote: However, there is another way to enable developer mode in Atmosphir. On runtime, you would need to intercept the memory address that contains the value to turn developer mode on or off. Edit that, and Atmosphir would have all the dev features.
Okay, well this sounds to me like the most promising possibility right now. Is this something cheat engine would be good for?
Sebastian Lawe

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

Wowfunhappy wrote:While I don't actually know how this works, (Nin is making the custom server, not me) I'd imagine that we can set the price of clothing to zero server-side. However, I'm pretty sure there isn't a simple flag that marks someone as a developer.

Okay, well this sounds to me like the most promising possibility right now. Is this something cheat engine would be good for?
In theory, it should work. However, I have no clue how to pinpoint the value. Increasing score, lives, and time is easy since those values always change, making it easier to pinpoint an exact value. The boolean Atmosphir uses to turn developer mode on or off, never changes on runtime, making it harder to pinpoint from a billion values that raise the same value.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Sebastian Lawe wrote:In theory, it should work. However, I have no clue how to pinpoint the value. Increasing score, lives, and time is easy since those values always change, making it easier to pinpoint an exact value. The boolean Atmosphir uses to turn developer mode on or off, never changes on runtime, making it harder to pinpoint from a billion values that raise the same value.
Wouldn't the field that deals dev mode likely have the option defaulted to zero? I think that doesn't narrow down the option that much, however wouldn't testing every variable that is set to zero to one eventually we would find it. It feels like the long way but perhaps it would work..