The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Spazzing Camera Tool

Having technical issues or problems with the game? Let us know here!
PaperPlayerX

Spazzing Camera Tool

Post by PaperPlayerX »

I tried placing a camera interactive in a level, and it had...questionable results, to say the least.
When I walked into the trigger area for the camera, the game spazzed between me being able to control the camera and the fixed camera the interactive had. What's the deal?

EDIT: This only happens when one of it's required inputs is On Stay Area
Phantomboy

Re: Spazzing Camera Tool

Post by Phantomboy »

What I think is happening, is when the camera is activated, the direction your controls are oriented towards switches to be relative to the camera. This means, if you are holding forward to walk into the square, as soon as the perspective switches, your character might then be walking the opposite direction. ie; Right back out of the box. Try setting the trigger area to be a large square, that you place the start flag within...It might help you from walking right back out~!
PaperPlayerX

Post by PaperPlayerX »

Phantomboy wrote:What I think is happening, is when the camera is activated, the direction your controls are oriented towards switches to be relative to the camera. This means, if you are holding forward to walk into the square, as soon as the perspective switches, your character might then be walking the opposite direction. ie; Right back out of the box. Try setting the trigger area to be a large square, that you place the start flag within...It might help you from walking right back out~!
That would've been a fair solution if it weren't for the fact that the camera does this even if I stand still inside the trigger.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Does it still occur even if there is a large trigger area selected for the camera?
Architectkaw
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Spazzing Camera Tool

Post by Architectkaw »

I would like to add a wireless camera to the back above the porch light,does anyone know where I can get power for it or is there a better place for it?