The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

'Update Error' message on lauch

Having technical issues or problems with the game? Let us know here!
FreddyFrog

'Update Error' message on lauch

Post by FreddyFrog »

I am a computing teacher who has installed Atmosphir on the school computers.
I have installed : gtk-sharp-2.12.38.msi and LauncherSetup.msi
The update has been downloaded to 250 Mb.
When I launch Atmosphir from the desktop shortcut I have a 'Update Error' message:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderExceptionAn error ocurred, please report this at http://onemoreblock.com/:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value)
at UpdateLib.UpdaterClient.<Post>d__10`2.MoveNext() in C:\Users\Pedro\Documents\AtmoLauncher\UpdateLib\UpdaterClient.cs:line 89
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at UpdateLib.UpdaterClient.<Post>d__11`1.MoveNext() in C:\Users\Pedro\Documents\AtmoLauncher\UpdateLib\UpdaterClient.cs:line 94
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UpdateLib.UpdaterClient.<FindLatestVersion>d__5.MoveNext() in C:\Users\Pedro\Documents\AtmoLauncher\UpdateLib\UpdaterClient.cs:line 24
at Interface.Launcher.<UpdateProject>d__11.MoveNext()

I have to unplug the Ethernet cable before launching the app and then plug the cable back before clicking play button.
I would like to avoid the procedure.
Thanks for your help.