The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Atmosphir not working.

Having technical issues or problems with the game? Let us know here!
TheSmeags

Atmosphir not working.

Post by TheSmeags »

I know Atmosphir works on other computers and it has worked on this very one. But I can't download it for some reason after I got a new hard drive in which swiped Atmosphir off this computer. I am wordering if it has to do with the fact that my computer has Windows XP. The top sticky post says you need DotNet 4.6 minimum which is not supported for XP. I tried to download a pre-unity version of the game to not need a new OS, but for some random reason, it doesn't work. I followed all steps that I could and even rebooted the computer. Is there any way I can download the latest possible update that allows Windows XP or not? If not, how come the pre-unity versions don't work?
:lock: "A lock? A lock? You ruins it!"
freekboy31

Re: Atmosphir not working.

Post by freekboy31 »

Have u tried open up the application's properties and set Compability to Windows XP? including the Atmosphir executable itself

OH!!! :bungee:

I forgot you are running Windows XP. I haven't known anyone who played Atmosphir in that OS, so probably the minimum OS is Vista or 7 that supported handful amount of stuff required to run Atmosphir files.
TheSmeags

Post by TheSmeags »

I know I might need a new OS. I was just wordering if there was a working version for XP because I ran it on the computer before Atmosphir shut down. I think I had the version also that Wowfunhappy posted that isn't possible to download anymore.
:lock: "A lock? A lock? You ruins it!"
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

I'm not 100% sure if it would work, but you can try and see if it would open by using the NoGUI.exe alternative launcher, which has a better shot of being compatible, but I'm not sure if the game itself would be supported. For instructions on how to open NoGUI.exe, take a look at this excerpt from the FAQ thread:
Q: I've tried everything else listed on this thread, restarted my computer and triple checked that Gtk# is installed but when I try to start the launcher, it still won't open. What do I do?
A: Go to C:/ProgramData/Atmosphir and look for a file called NoGUI.exe. If you don't have it, download it here (make sure you put it in the aforementioned directory). Run the file and everything should work. It's basically the same as the regular launcher, but it doesn't need Gtk# to run since it doesn't have a real GUI. This is a workaround until the native, windows-specific GUI is developed.

Tip: Replace the shortcut for the launcher created on the desktop with a shortcut to this application.
To be honest, I'm not sure why the pre-unity versions wouldn't work as they should have less tech requirements to run...

(Also, moved to Bugs and Issues)