The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

<shutting Down For The Time Being>

Share your creative endeavors
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

As I am sure many of you know, I enjoy challenging myself to complete an enjoyable (or not) game, and then to scrutinize it and review it afterwards. I'm sure you've all seen some of my work on the site here, or elsewhere, so you know pretty much what to expect by now. If you guys are curious about a certain game for any of the major consoles/handhelds/PCs mentioned in the title, then feel free to drop a comment here or send me a message with the game you are wondering about. I'll see if I already have it, or when I can purchase it by, then I'll get you the review out in roughly a week or so tops, depending on my schedule. If any of you are wondering about that hot new title, but don't really know if it's any good yet, then I can help you out with these reviews. Also, if you just want to be a troll and suggest a game that is crap, I'll still review it for you anyway. ;-)

Also, here are my reviews, posted for your enjoyment and to peruse as need be, if you want to convince yourself to be for or against this.

VVVVVV
The Darkness II
Game of Thrones
The Amazing Spider-Man
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- Dawnguard DLC
Sniper Elite V2
Spec Ops: The Line
Dyad
NCAA Football 13
Endless Space
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
Darksiders II
Hybrid
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
Halo 4
Assassin's Creed III
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified
Far Cry 3
Dead Space 3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Crysis 3
Sniper Elite V2 DLC- Nazi Zombie Army
Tomb Raider
Star Wars Pinball
Rage (Kind of a Synopsis)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Quickies (Short Reviews)
Max Payne 3
Killzone 3
Left 4 Dead
2012's 10 Greatest Downloads
Year in Review (Technically)
Performances of 2012
2012's Perfect Game Ratings
Comparing Games
The Cave
Review Predictions
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
Gears of War: Judgment
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Island: Riptide
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Thomas Was Alone
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Mirror's Edge
The Walking Dead: Season One
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
-Also, No Sim games other than SimCity and The Sims ones please.- --- The Queue [PC] 1| Cave Story + 2| Chaos Legion (Play Only) 3| SimCity (2013) The Queue [360/Original] 1| Sonic 06 2| Tomb Raider: Legend 3| Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Other Consoles/Handhelds [DS/Vita/Etc.] 1| Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Done [All] MW3 Review Thomas Was Alone Review Mirror's Edge Review
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Skyshark

Post by Skyshark »

You should give Thomas Was Alone on Steam a go. It's a pretty enjoyable little platformer.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Mirror's Edge on the PC? Such a cool/interesting game, and definitely one more people need to see.
Skyshark

Post by Skyshark »

Ooh, ooh, also play Cave Story+. It's one of my favorite indie games of all time. No joke. It's great. Go play it.

I don't care if it's only one suggestion per person. I break the rules.
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Big Rigs (for PC) is a great choice. I suggest writing 5 long paragraphs for how great the game is.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Skyshark wrote:You should give Thomas Was Alone on Steam a go. It's a pretty enjoyable little platformer.
Hmm... Sure, I'll see how it compares to what I've heard...
Wowfunhappy wrote:Mirror's Edge on the PC? Such a cool/interesting game, and definitely one more people need to see.
Luckily I happen to have a lot of experience with Mirror's Edge on both the 360 and PC. This should be quite fun to get back into more seriously...
Skyshark wrote:Ooh, ooh, also play Cave Story+. It's one of my favorite indie games of all time. No joke. It's great. Go play it.

I don't care if it's only one suggestion per person. I break the rules.
Nothing wrong with breaking the rules a few times... I just probably will save this one for last if another person asks for something who hasn't already made a request. Plus, my plate is nearly full already, so this might take awhile... Cave Story's good, so I'll give it another go.
freekboy31 wrote:Big Rigs (for PC) is a great choice. I suggest writing 5 long paragraphs for how great the game is.
Big Rigs, eh? I don't know about being able to write that long a review about that game, but hey... I'll do something... :p
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
bboy99

Post by bboy99 »

freekboy31 wrote:Big Rigs (for PC) is a great choice. I suggest writing 5 long paragraphs for how great the game is.
No... PLEASE NO... that is one of the worst games ever made (You mean big rigs: off the road racing, right?)

Also, You should try sonic '06 > :D (360)
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

bboy99 wrote:No... PLEASE NO... that is one of the worst games ever made (You mean big rigs: off the road racing, right?)

Also, You should try sonic '06 > :D (360)
If you insist. >:
bboy99

Post by bboy99 »

SirWrek wrote:If you insist. >:
You forgot to give your smiley a face... Also, don't, its NOT WORTH IT
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

bboy99 wrote:You forgot to give your smiley a face... Also, don't, its NOT WORTH IT
Oh, I know. I've...tried it before. Sadly. But alas, I shall delve back in for good sirs here, and for the good of the nation of OMB. ;-)

That, and it gives me a chance to totally crap all over it lol.
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Farming Simulator :P
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Baufritz wrote:Farming Simulator :P
0_0

Okay, new rule: No simulators unless its the Sims. :p

Please.
Aflysokat

Post by Aflysokat »

what happened to game reviews for Gamecube, N64, and SNES games? Heh! Atari, maybe! :D

Joking. Anyways. It's sad how all the PC games are taken. Anyways. On your own time, you probably should play a game, maybe not review it, but a game called "Chaos Legion" for PC.
Magmar

Post by Magmar »

The new SimCity game when it comes out on the 5th, please. Having trouble deciding on it, and I know you have a good eye for good games! :-)
Lysander789

Post by Lysander789 »

I'd like you to review Tomb Raider: Legend on Xbox Live Arcade. The game is only $5 on sale til March 4th. It's a really great game! I highly recommend it. :)

BTW, did you ever do a review on MW3(2.5)? I don't intend on pressuring you to do two reviews for the same guy at once. <_<
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Aflysokat wrote:what happened to game reviews for Gamecube, N64, and SNES games? Heh! Atari, maybe! :D

Joking. Anyways. It's sad how all the PC games are taken. Anyways. On your own time, you probably should play a game, maybe not review it, but a game called "Chaos Legion" for PC.
I'll be sure to try it!
Magmar wrote:The new SimCity game when it comes out on the 5th, please. Having trouble deciding on it, and I know you have a good eye for good games! :-)
I'm planning on getting it, so sure!
Lysander789 wrote:I'd like you to review Tomb Raider: Legend on Xbox Live Arcade. The game is only $5 on sale til March 4th. It's a really great game! I highly recommend it. :)

BTW, did you ever do a review on MW3(2.5)? I don't intend on pressuring you to do two reviews for the same guy at once. <_<
Would you mind if I reviewed the original Xbox version? I have had it for years and love it. The graphics are about the same on each.

Also, not sure if I have reviewed it, but I do have it, so I can do so relatively without too terribly much bias I guess haha. ;-)
Lysander789

Post by Lysander789 »

SirWrek wrote:I'll be sure to try it!
Would you mind if I reviewed the original Xbox version? I have had it for years and love it. The graphics are about the same on each.

Also, not sure if I have reviewed it, but I do have it, so I can do so relatively without too terribly much bias I guess haha. ;-)
I'd be fine if you review TR:L it on the old Xbox. I got the game on XBLA days ago and I LOVE it.

For MW2.5, that's the definite game I want to hear your opinion on. MW3 made me so disappointed. The problem with that game is that IW didn't change anything at all with MW3. It was the EXACT same game as MW2, except with more explosions. So yeah, I want you to review that game. :)
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Lysander789 wrote:I'd be fine if you review TR:L it on the old Xbox. I got the game on XBLA days ago and I LOVE it.

For MW2.5, that's the definite game I want to hear your opinion on. MW3 made me so disappointed. The problem with that game is that IW didn't change anything at all with MW3. It was the EXACT same game as MW2, except with more explosions. So yeah, I want you to review that game. :)
Sure thing! I'll make it a priority then!

By the way... have I told you I love your signature? You mad bro? ;-)
Aflysokat

Post by Aflysokat »

SirWrek wrote:I'll be sure to try it!

Really? If you ever want it, I have a free file for it on PC, I can give it to you :D

You download it...

*30 minutes later*

Awww man, my computer has a virus. D:
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Aflysokat wrote:Really? If you ever want it, I have a free file for it on PC, I can give it to you :D

You download it...

*30 minutes later*

Awww man, my computer has a virus. D:
Haha, it's all good, don't worry bout it.