The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Tomb Raider (2013)

Everything video game related
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Tomb Raider (2013)

Post by SirWrek »

Yes. My review is out. You should really read it if you're think about getting this game.

IMO.

Read nao.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I want to play this game sooooo much, but I'm really squeamish and there's a lot of gore...
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Wowfunhappy wrote:I want to play this game sooooo much, but I'm really squeamish and there's a lot of gore...
It's actually not too bad if you can stomach just cosmetic damage and occasional gory headshots. Otherwise, its mostly out of the picture when she or others get hurt... Although there are a few occasionally very, very nasty spike in the throat sequences which are...ugh.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I couldn't even play Skyrim until I applied a no blood mod. (Not that I got very far in that game anyway...)
bboy99

Post by bboy99 »

Wowfunhappy wrote:I couldn't even play Skyrim until I applied a no blood mod. (Not that I got very far in that game anyway...)
I thought skyrim was not very high on the blood level, but I do like patching gore out if possible.

I doubt I will be getting the new tomb raider game, but it looks fun
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

bboy99 wrote:I thought skyrim was not very high on the blood level
Hence why I'm not buying Tomb Raider, even though I really want to. :/
Anuke

Post by Anuke »

How long did it take for you to type the whole thing?
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Wowfunhappy wrote:I couldn't even play Skyrim until I applied a no blood mod. (Not that I got very far in that game anyway...)
No problem with that. I often turn the blood option in Gears of War games off and the profanity filter on because of the excessive and absurd amounts of both in those titles.
bboy99 wrote:I thought skyrim was not very high on the blood level, but I do like patching gore out if possible.

I doubt I will be getting the new tomb raider game, but it looks fun
Trust me, it is quite enjoyable.
Wowfunhappy wrote:Hence why I'm not buying Tomb Raider, even though I really want to. :/
You'll be missing out. I don't think there is a 'no-blood' option now, but who knows- they might patch it...
Anuke wrote:How long did it take for you to type the whole thing?
A good hour or so was spent typing the thing, while I put in around 34 hours on the game in order to review it well enough. I work in a small group of indie devs now, so we have time to do things around the office other than strictly "work" stuff haha. Plus, it's not like it wasn't gaming related or a waste of time- it was quite enjoyable as my review showed. :D