The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Assassins Creed Iv Black Flag - Has Ubisoft Begun Trying To Milk The Franchise?

Everything video game related

Ubisoft has:

Not made enough Assassins Creed games.
38%
Not made enough Assassins Creed games.
63%

Total votes: 8

Sebastian Lawe
Design Competitions Voted: 0

Assassins Creed Iv Black Flag - Has Ubisoft Begun Trying To Milk The Franchise?

Post by Sebastian Lawe »

What do you guys think? Has Ubisoft already made enough Assasins Creed games? Or can we use a few more?
Magmar

Post by Magmar »

Well, I think as long as the issues with the game are fixed(combat and AI glitchiness, annoying cutscenes, etc.) and they can find more relevant historical events or times, then no, Ubisoft is not milking the games. I personally love the idea of an AC game in the Age of Pirates at the Caribbean.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

"Has Ubisoft Begun Trying To Milk The Franchise?"

Oh, they're well past the BEGINNING of milking the franchise. That began with Revelations.

I want to see more Assassin's Creed games. But I'd like to see them less often than once per year, and I'd like to see more QUALITY games. Aka, not ACIII– which was, by the way, a GOOD game but far from a GREAT one.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

Wowfunhappy wrote:"Has Ubisoft Begun Trying To Milk The Franchise?"

Oh, they're well past the BEGINNING of milking the franchise. That began with Revelations.

I want to see more Assassin's Creed games. But I'd like to see them less often than once per year, and I'd like to see more QUALITY games. Aka, not ACIII– which was, by the way, a GOOD game but far from a GREAT one.
Pretty much this, although I do not think it is considered milking when you are at least coming up with new ideas, different locations, story, etc.

I mean, we can pretty much put Desmond out of the picture, so maybe the games will no longer have that big sci-fi twist edge, eh? If they were just being seen through the main character's eyes, then that would add a fresh perspective...
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Lemon
Editorial Staff

Post by Lemon »

When I started playing Assassin's Creed III, and got to mess around with the ship-battles...all I could think is that they need to make an Assassin's Creed with pirates.

No, I don't think they are milking the series. I love this series.
Colinnn

Post by Colinnn »

Looking at it from the outside (I've only scratched the surface of AC), their fascination with the series is beginning to look a tad suspicious to my eyes. They're coming out too quickly with too many gimmicks (again, outside looking in). I could easily see them milking the series, or at least paying a lot more attention to it because they see the profit in it.
thelegendary

Post by thelegendary »

Wait so ubisoft released two of the same game after II, a marginally more different game that was suppose to be the final installment but isn't and now you are wondering if they are milking the franchise?
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

Despite some of their developer tendencies to do similar projects, I just think there's so much more they could do with the series, and a plethora of content available as source materials.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.