The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Possible Soundtrack For Voxelus [sic]

A place to talk about our community
Nazmus

Possible Soundtrack For Voxelus [sic]

Post by Nazmus »

Hey guys! I have sugestions for the soundtrack of Xavier's new game (formerly Voxelus). I am calling it Voxelus for now because a new name has not yet been chosen, and Voxelus allows for easy identification for the users as of now. What else am I supposed to call it now?

These soundtracks are created by the artist DNA Groove, and they are licensed under creative commons by attribution. You can use it for commercial perpouses as long as you give them credit!

I lik these soundtracks because they have a retro, yet modern, feel to it. Listen to one of my favorites below and let me know what you think! I know some games, like Pocket Tanks, Neon Wars, and Super DX Ball uses these tracks for a retro feel.

[media=youtube]QbGCZaXKAgk[/media]

Here's the website for DNA groove, with license information, and download links to all their music!
http://dnagroovemusic.com/music/introspection/

Let me know your thoughts on it!
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Wow, these are nice! They seem to really fit the overall "Voxelus" theme. I support! Or fund...or whatever the meme was.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
Skyshark

Post by Skyshark »

Got another possible one for ya:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/458694

Really retro, but would go well for those upbeat platforming levels, no?
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

I really like that. But does it allow commercial reuse?
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Skyshark wrote:Got another possible one for ya:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/458694

Really retro, but would go well for those upbeat platforming levels, no?
That sounds really good!

BUT i found this on the Licensing Terms section on that page:

Noncommercial: You may not use this work for commercial purposes unless you make specific arrangements with the artist.
Skyshark

Post by Skyshark »

bionicnacho wrote: BUT i found this on the Licensing Terms section on that page:

Noncommercial: You may not use this work for commercial purposes unless you make specific arrangements with the artist.
I forgot that the game was gonna be commercial, lol. It's music the guy made for free anyway, so for a nominal fee I'm sure he'd be fine with it being used for Voxelus/Cube Story/whatever.
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

Yes, that was my concern. This seems that the music is out of the question. The music I proposed in the OP allows commercial use! :)
eXoDuS
Administrator

Post by eXoDuS »

These all sound great, thanks for sharing. I might indeed consider using these, at least for the first versions, eventually it would be nice to have original soundtracks, and in fact I know a great game musician here in Buenos Aires, but I would have to raise some money first before being able to do that. So these might do for starters.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

This is quite cool, I enjoy these sorts of pieces :)
Nazmus

Post by Nazmus »

eXoDuS wrote:These all sound great, thanks for sharing. I might indeed consider using these, at least for the first versions, eventually it would be nice to have original soundtracks, and in fact I know a great game musician here in Buenos Aires, but I would have to raise some money first before being able to do that. So these might do for starters.
Yes, I agree. That was my intention. I, too, would love original music, but a small team (perhaps 1 man team) of developer can do so much at a time. I suggested these music as a legal and fitting placeholders until original ones are made.
SerPo

Post by SerPo »

Sounds great for a placeholder :D
Newah

Post by Newah »

Sure would be neat to have Grant Kirkhope as the composer.

But that's probably just a pipe dream. :P