The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Gameglobe..

Everything video game related
freekboy31

Gameglobe..

Post by freekboy31 »

It's a game just like Atmosphir, added with terraforming, rooms, props but it doesn't have ability to resize anything. Also, it has input triggers and a bit more complex triggering system than Atmosphir has.
It is made by Bigpoint and Square Enix.
The game site goes here

Simply tell us your username, or PM me your email (I better take care of your privacy by deleting the PM after inviting) for faster invitation request. I currently have seven invites left.

When open beta comes out, we can gather our usernames and add them as a friend. So, feel free to discuss!
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Yeah, forgot about this. I don't play much, only 'cause it isn't on my main computer, my mac, but the game is great.

(I just find paying for items is cheep.)
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I REALLY want to love GameGlobe.

It does so many things right. Designers have a ton of freedom, more than Atmosphir ever allowed. Not only do you have a ton of props to build with, but you can tweak the environment and lighting and scripting to no end.

However, it all falls apart with the games physics, which downright suck. Precise jumps are insanely frustrating, because the game just never does quite what you want it to.
Adz
Administrator

Post by Adz »

I played around with GameGlobe for a while, but I really couldn't get on with it. It's a great idea, and great content. But the implementation lets it down.
brendiculous

Post by brendiculous »

I'm gonna agree with Wowfun and Adz. I really wanted to like it, but for some reason I couldn't.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

brendiculous wrote:I'm gonna agree with Wowfun and Adz. I really wanted to like it, but for some reason I couldn't.
Same. Maybe it's just because in Atmosphir, we could just place down our world, and not have to modify it to our wants.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

I absolutely hate Gameglobe yet I love it. It has so much right in it but so much wrong. It is a lot like Atmosphir but it does not have that feel that we all know and love.
As of now I still play it but each and every level is so much the same. Even the most greatest of the great levels and the n00biest of the n00bs are the exact same game every time. It lacks in character that Atmosphir excelled in. Atmosphir was it's own but Gameglobe just isn't.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Semesto wrote:I absolutely hate Gameglobe yet I love it. It has so much right in it but so much wrong. It is a lot like Atmosphir but it does not have that feel that we all know and love.
As of now I still play it but each and every level is so much the same. Even the most greatest of the great levels and the n00biest of the n00bs are the exact same game every time. It lacks in character that Atmosphir excelled in. Atmosphir was it's own but Gameglobe just isn't.
You have a point. The design interface is very difficult with having to buy each part.
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by SirWrek »

I want to enjoy GG, but at this point in time- there's just not all that much that can be said for it. The graphics are interesting, but the scale on which the lack of polish and lack of elements come make it far from a superbly distinguishing factor- as well as the pay to mess around with aspect. Who wants their creativity limited even more by having to have a certain amount of monetary tools to use a single item, eh? An interesting feature- but not a game changer yet...

Now Cube World could be neat on the other hand...
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

SirWrek wrote:I want to enjoy GG, but at this point in time- there's just not all that much that can be said for it. The graphics are interesting, but the scale on which the lack of polish and lack of elements come make it far from a superbly distinguishing factor- as well as the pay to mess around with aspect. Who wants their creativity limited even more by having to have a certain amount of monetary tools to use a single item, eh? An interesting feature- but not a game changer yet...

Now Cube World could be neat on the other hand...
Im actually really looking forward to Cube World. It looks pretty fun :)
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

Yep, Gameglobe has the features that Atmosphir doesn't have while Atmosphir has the unique features that Gameglobe doesn't even have. Buying props is also my cons, which makes me focused on XP level more than other aspects that Gameglobe else has. Indeed, it lacks some features that Atmosphir has but I enjoy it somehow. I wish those run/jump/gravity settings will be implemented later.

nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

In cube world, they have a house making feature :D
Adz
Administrator

Post by Adz »

I hadn't seen that before, I thought it was purely randomly generated levels and quests... (besides character customization)
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Adz wrote:I hadn't seen that before, I thought it was purely randomly generated levels and quests... (besides character customization)
Yeah, check out the block sometime.

Anyway, if everything building wise on gameglobe was free, I'd play it more. Even if I had to pay 5$ a month to have unlimited access I would.
Echo

Post by Echo »

Adz wrote:I hadn't seen that before, I thought it was purely randomly generated levels and quests... (besides character customization)
You avatar freaks me out man.

As for GameGlobe, same as above. I though I was just weird for not liking it a bit though. Them again, I'm not finding a lot of enjoyment in any video games, maybe I'm just sad :(
dragonbo

Post by dragonbo »

Gameglobe levels seem like a ton of hack and slash in boring environments with the same song every time. Using the movers and rotators was overly complicated and confusing. The controls bug me out, and I just hate paying for building blocks. They are also flooded with the notorious easy xp levels. It just seems like it is gonna crash and burn. It doesn't seem like anything that will stay big and popular unless they start adding some new themes and changing things up.
Semudara

Post by Semudara »

dragonbo wrote:Gameglobe levels seem like a ton of hack and slash in boring environments with the same song every time. Using the movers and rotators was overly complicated and confusing. The controls bug me out, and I just hate paying for building blocks. They are also flooded with the notorious easy xp levels. It just seems like it is gonna crash and burn. It doesn't seem like anything that will stay big and popular unless they start adding some new themes and changing things up.
You must not be playing the same levels I've been...

I recently joined GameGlobe and I have to say, I'm really impressed with some of the games (yes, games) that I've gotten to play. Even at this fairly early stage, with awful avatar customization and only three available level themes, the versatile creation options on display in what I've played have blown me away. I've seen games on a scale and level of engagement that was never quite possible in Atmosphir. The level-linking alone, in addition to the lack of a capacity bar to hold back massive levels, has allowed players to make some truly amazing (and, yes, unique) experiences. Only a couple days in, I'm hooked!

I don't mean to gush; I agree, for example, that Create Mode is REALLY hard to use, particularly thanks to wonky perspective (a problem Atmosphir didn't have thanks to its grid). And yes, the bad guys are always freakin' pirates (which is definitely more limited than the Muka, who could be any kind of villain you wanted them to be). But I don't understand all this negativity either. The pros seem to outweigh the cons. The variety of music tracks available, the melee combat (not great, but far better than Atmosphir's), the ability to form terrain, and some of the gameplay mechanics like the carry-able gear... this stuff adds up. A lot of the available tools and mechanics seem particularly geared toward emergent design, which is exactly the right approach. I'm honestly really impressed with what I've seen.

Did I mention the level-linking? Because the level-linking is bloody fantastic.

As long as they continue building on what's there, and ironing out the kinks, I believe GameGlobe really will be the next big thing. Playing games like "Finding Neverland" and thinking about the possibilities for my own creations has sent the kind of shiver through my spine that I haven't felt since Atmosphir... the potential is VERY appealing.

Besides... if anyone is capable of ensuring that GameGlobe continues to grow into a really good game-creation tool, it's the people here at One More Block. Am I right? ;)
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

I think stranger creatures are better than pirates. They play different roles but pirates can also play as any role. In Atmosphir, we need level linking and NPCs while in Gameglobe, we need a lot more than Atmosphir such as physics, run/jump options, level linking, etc.

By the way, the game finally comes to open beta so maybe, I advertise my level here... Whoops, I did it, didn't I? This level I made is kind of race. Well, the title explains what the level is all about.

dragonbo

Post by dragonbo »

Okay, looking back, I was a bit harsh on gameglobe. I think some things really threw me off though. At least half the levels are clones. But I have played many levels that have impressed me, it's just that it's hard to find what I want to play because of not having tags and other ways to sort stuff. The sound effects are one of the biggest flaws of the game. They have sound effects for stuff that isn't in the game, like cars. And the sound effects just aren't of the level of quality the rest of the game has, and feel out of place. The coin system is probably the biggest problem for me. I hate buying stuff to make levels. It's just a pain to have to play for hours so you can get all the pieces for your level, or having to throw down real money. Anyways, I enjoyed the design mode and what not, and the game is pretty fun. I think it needs some work and polish though.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

Gameglobe is now in open Beta!