The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Made A Level? Post It On These Forums, And I'll Add It To The Play Browser If I Get The Chance.

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Made A Level? Post It On These Forums, And I'll Add It To The Play Browser If I Get The Chance.

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Hi! A lot of people have been PM'ing me asking me to upload levels to the server.

I really wish I could upload everything, but I'm a college student and I've just been really freaking busy. Uploading levels takes time that I don't have.

If you make a level, please:

1) Post a new topic in this forum section
2) Use the "Upload a File" button to attach your level's .atmo to your forum post
3) If you want the level to have an icon if and when it is eventually added to the play browser, please include a 276 by 194 png image.

When I have time, I'll go through and add some of these levels to the play browser. In the mean time, people will be able to manually download and play the .atmo file.

Sound good? I know it's not ideal, and I hope that eventually you'll be able to log in and upload levels yourself. Until then, this is going to be the system going forward. Thanks!
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Yeah, was kinda wondering why it took so long to make a thread like this. :P
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

OT: That's a very long thread title.
Entity
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Entity »

Out of curiosity, what does manually uploading a level entail? Uploading the .atmo file to a folder via FTP? Adding it to a database?

EDIT: Also for the screenshot, does it have to be straight from in-game? Can we add modifications and/or make it from scratch in photoshop?
:crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate: :crate:
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I have to upload it the server in the right spot and with the right name, and then add a bunch of different values to a mysql database so it works correctly.

It does not necessarily have to be a direct screenshot, but it should be representative of the level.
nonic5

Post by nonic5 »

I wish we could get accounts/mp working again... God I miss the old days...
I plan on working on a level.
matthewbny

Post by matthewbny »

nonic5 wrote:I wish we could get accounts/mp working again... God I miss the old days...
I plan on working on a level.
Nin said that he's working on the accounts, but we're not having the exact same accounts as we had back when atmosphir wasn't dead. Instead, we'll have new accounts. However, it's going to be a while, and again just quoting Nin, until we have MP. I find it worth the wait.
Don't you just hate when someone cuts you off in the middle of a sente
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

matthewbny wrote:I find it worth the wait.
This.
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
matthewbny

Post by matthewbny »

ElectroYoshi wrote:This.
:)
I have a level in development, but it's nothing too fancy, just testing the new props really. Since it's testing the new props, then it's going to be dev build only (obviously). I'll post some screenshots for those wondering what it looks like.
Don't you just hate when someone cuts you off in the middle of a sente
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Wowfunhappy wrote:just for the sake of quoting
Hey I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but I am not able to play In Vengeance Of Love on the custom server, because it's for multiplayer/does not support solo play. Can you fix this somehow?
LarvaTech

Post by LarvaTech »

sorry that i have so many but its a good thing :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LarvaTech

Post by LarvaTech »

more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LarvaTech

Post by LarvaTech »

more
LarvaTech

Post by LarvaTech »

last of them
rockboy222

Post by rockboy222 »

bionicnacho wrote:Hey I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but I am not able to play In Vengeance Of Love on the custom server, because it's for multiplayer/does not support solo play. Can you fix this somehow?
There are some really good levels I want to play, but they do not support solo play
rockboy222

Post by rockboy222 »

On mac were is the .atmo file
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

With the level uploads working now, this is unnecessary. Go ahead and try uploading levels yourself! :) Locked.