The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Everything video game related
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Yep. The fourth installment of the Mario & Luigi RPG series "Mario & Luigi: Dream Team" has been confirmed to release on August 11th of this year for the Nintendo 3DS.

Here's a Mario Wiki article on about it.

So, this is just a general discussion thread. Are you gonna get it, what do you hope to see, what do you think of its overall concept, etc.

Edit: I was on YouTube today and found some SERIOUS eye candy.
Spoiler
[media=youtube]sOxdhOQCbcI[/media]
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I really don't understand the Mario RPG's.

If you're going to play an RPG, get an actual RPG with a good story. Persona 4 and Skies of Arcadia are great examples.

Obviously, play what you enjoy... But, seriously, try out Persona 4 instead. I think you'll find it's a much better game.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Seems quite interesting, I've never actually played much of the Mario & Luigi series - however the seem quite nicely done. I have never really played many RPG games but Nintendo seems to know what they are doing and the game (from what I've seen) seems to have a nice polish on it :)
AtmoMario

Post by AtmoMario »

Wowfunhappy wrote:I really don't understand the Mario RPG's.

If you're going to play an RPG, get an actual RPG with a good story. Persona 4 and Skies of Arcadia are great examples.

Obviously, play what you enjoy... But, seriously, try out Persona 4 instead. I think you'll find it's a much better game.
Unless you're looking for something that mixes clichés with humor in a distinctive way. Such as applying the standard "Did you drop the (Insert Something Desirable Here) or the (Insert What Was Actually Dropped Here)?"... to Luigi.
ElectroYoshi
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by ElectroYoshi »

AtmoMario wrote:Unless you're looking for something that mixes clichés with humor in a distinctive way.
That's exactly what I like about the Mario RPGs.

Well...that and they provide a nice diversion from the run-and-jump formula...
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.