The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Possible Boards? (dangit Wowfun Why'd You Have To Go And Lock It)

A place to talk about our community
tta

Possible Boards? (dangit Wowfun Why'd You Have To Go And Lock It)

Post by tta »

- Suggestion/Idea/Improvement Board
- Other Media Board (Movies, TV, Books, etc.)
- Political Board? (NO TTA)

Any more Ideas?

----EDIT----

Even though this thread is locked my proposition still stands.
Rabbidfan236
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

Cardboard?
tta

Post by tta »

Rabbidfan236 wrote:Cardboard?
Wood Board?
Boarding School?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Perhaps "Starter Up Projects" as there is often stuff that gets put in creative but isn't done yet - I don't know how desperately this is needed. Maybe something philosophical?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Suggestions ideas should go in the OneMoreBlock section, and Political stuff makes sense for OffTopic.

I don't see a ton of non-video game media being discussed in the OffTopic section atm, so I don't know how active a seperate section for it would be...
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

Snowboard?
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Guys c'mon tta's actually trying to make serious suggestions here.
luke5227

Post by luke5227 »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Guys c'mon tta's actually trying to make serious suggestions here.
First time in years.
tta

Post by tta »

luke5227 wrote:First time in years.
What are you implying?
luke5227

Post by luke5227 »

tta wrote:What are you implying?
Wowfunhappy wrote:Guys c'mon tta's actually trying...
luke5227 wrote:First time in years.
tta

Post by tta »

Trying at what in particular?
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

Wowfunhappy wrote:Guys c'mon tta's actually trying to make serious suggestions here.
Wait, he is? What suggestion is that?
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Alright, what about a payed user board where users are given free early access to the... Just kidding :)
It would be cool to see a "Collaboration" board for projects. Somewhere that the "One More Fighting Game" and "One More Block Sings" threads could go as they seems to get mixed in with the rest of the posts quite easily.
RaDsTeR

Post by RaDsTeR »

How about...*wait for this genius idea....*

A one more turn subforum. Y'know cos' it's OneMoreBlock? *crashes cymbals*
No seriously though, it could be for like epic memoirs from gaming experiences, I had civilization V in mind because it's a turn-based strategy but seriously it could be any game...
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Phantomboy wrote:Alright, what about a payed user board where users are given free early access to the... Just kidding :)
It would be cool to see a "Collaboration" board for projects. Somewhere that the "One More Fighting Game" and "One More Block Sings" threads could go as they seems to get mixed in with the rest of the posts quite easily.

This would be cool. Wouldn't it be easier to create a conversation though?
Rabbidfan236

Post by Rabbidfan236 »

I still don't understand what you guys are suggesting.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Wowfunhappy wrote:This would be cool. Wouldn't it be easier to create a conversation though?
This is true, however it would be harder to gain new participators sense the conversations aren't as public. It is sort of a balance, the conversations has the benefit of all contacts getting notified for any new posts (Although I suppose watching a thread would do the same thing) and threads have the benefit of reaching a broader spectrum of users - including new ones or even guests.
tta

Post by tta »

RP Board?
We could, like phantomboy suggested, split the Creative Corner into 2 sections, one for completed projects and one for projects in progress.
I also had an idea for a board entirely for talking about other communities and sharing usernames.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

Phantomboy wrote:This is true, however it would be harder to gain new participators sense the conversations aren't as public. It is sort of a balance, the conversations has the benefit of all contacts getting notified for any new posts (Although I suppose watching a thread would do the same thing) and threads have the benefit of reaching a broader spectrum of users - including new ones or even guests.
I think the best way to do this would be to have some kind of "recruitment" thread for a project, and then add people to a conversation when they express an interest in helping.
But when you're trying to really get stuff done, do you really want everyone and anyone to be able to participate, even if they're not actually contributors?

So the question, do we need another section for these types of threads, or are they okay in Creative. Creative isn't an overly-active section, so right now, I don't think there are enough of these team-projects to warrant an additional section. I love the idea, I just don't think the volume is there.
tta wrote:RP Board?
Is this something people would be interested in? Again, it's a matter of volume. Right now, the one RP thread in off-topic only seems to have two active participators. Then again, one, giant thread is a lot harder to get into then if there were many separate threads in a dedicated section. How many of you would participate in something like this?

The goal is to not end up with inactive sections that are rarely used.
tta wrote:I also had an idea for a board entirely for talking about other communities and sharing usernames.
Wait what?
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

ROLEPLAY THREAD.
I love roleplaying and I don't want to join that other one, i like different types of roleplaying.
plz plz plz plz plz plz i would love you furrevveerr.