The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Looking Into Decompiling .unity3d And .assets?

General discussion about Atmosphir.
Swords761

Looking Into Decompiling .unity3d And .assets?

Post by Swords761 »

I had a couple hours to kill tonight and was thinking about Atmosphir again, so I looked into decompiling the assets since no one has been able to do it thus far. My personal results are mostly unsuccessful, but there is "some" hope as far as I can tell.

First I went to look up if it was possible to decompile the .unity3d files. Most sources seem to say it's near impossible to do it, but there was this one topic that claims it should be possible... although I'm guessing it's just for a simple project that uses literally one .unity3d file. Anyways, someone take a look at this:

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/10 ... files.html

The last post on that is the most interesting to me. I have no idea really how to use that Unity 3D Obfuscator though- it seems like it's encrypting the files when I run the Atmosphir.exe through rather than extracting anything of use out. Additionally, putting in any one (at least I believe so, I didn't try every single one) of the .unity3d files from the AssetBundles folder gives me back nothing of use as far as I can tell. As for .NET Reflector, I used a free alternative called ILSpy (ilspy.net), which seems to work fine and will get the job done so long as we get some code extracted out of the .unity3d files. But I'm less worried about that because I'm sure that's already been in use, or something of the equivalent, in order to edit the .dll files we already have.

This other link to a different forum has the same information but slightly more detail... and if someone wants to register there, the last link supposedly goes to a tutorial? Plus there are a lot more download links to alternatives there.

http://forum.cgpersia.com/f79/unity-obf ... ler-28467/

One last thing I tried was opening the "sharedassets0.assets" file in Unity as it suggested on those websites by changing the file extension to simply .asset. I wasn't able to, but the error message I got said that the version of the file is of 3.3f5, whereas I'm using the latest, 4.1.5f1. I wonder if someone using that older version of Unity 3, the last version to be used for active development on Atmosphir, would be able to open up the .assets files?

These are all ideas I simply explored and had no luck at as a novice coder/hacker, so if someone with more experience wants to take a look, please do.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Yeah, I had been doing some research on the matter. Unfortunately it is all a bit to above my knowledge.. I'm sure it is possible in someway.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I signed up to the second site you linked to. The tutorial link that was hidden before is http://en.unity3d.netobf.com/unity3d_decompiler

The tutorial itself is explaining how to open a .unity3d web player game, not a desktop game like the one we have. However, there's a place where you select "Web Player" as the source type, so perhaps if you were to change that...

Also, you can download Unity 3.3.0 here.
SerPo

Post by SerPo »

So eh, did you try it, Swords761? If we can really get some assets, we could try developing our own game using these assets.
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

SerPo wrote:So eh, did you try it, Swords761? If we can really get some assets, we could try developing our own game using these assets.
I don't have the time to set up this environment and comb through the files blindly. You're more than welcome to try yourself as you have the same knowledge/resources that myself and Wowfun posted about.
kroltan
Developer
Design Competitions Voted: 1

Post by kroltan »

Congratulations, Swords761, you made OneMoreBlock be the third result when searching for "decompiling Unity games" on Google.
Newah

Post by Newah »

kroltan wrote:Congratulations, Swords761, you made OneMoreBlock be the third result when searching for "decompiling Unity games" on Google.
As is clear by the disproportionate view count of 2,000. :P
kroltan
Developer

Post by kroltan »

Indeed. :P
Swords761

Post by Swords761 »

lolwhoops
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Funny how things work out ain't it? :P
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.