The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

10 Epic Games You Should Play

Everything video game related
SirWrek
Editorial Staff
Design Competitions Voted: 1

10 Epic Games You Should Play

Post by SirWrek »

Aka 'The Top 10 'Perfect 10's' of GIO' A Blog, by Moi.

About ten games, spanning over a decade's period of time, and a multitude of reactions by gamers- for good or ill, that made these games truly...game-changing.
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

Great list Sir Wrek, I probably shouldn't be - but I am still always overly amazed by all the really creative stuff produced by this community. I had a chance not long back to get Legend of Zelda Twilight Princes as a local video store was going out of business, you see. However it was only 10 dollars off and I haven't played any other Zelda game before and was generally unsure if I should have or not.. Perhaps I should pick it up as some point :)
Miniike

Post by Miniike »

Nice list! I havn't played a few of those, guess I should try to find them.
:pigflag: for fricking fricks sake why do i still care :pigflag:
:lock: 1. Wild Life 2. China Pig 3. The Blimp (Mousetrapreplica) 4. Sugar N' Spikes 5. Ant Man Bee :lock:
:bomb: you'll love it, it's a way of life :bomb:
ElectroYoshi

Post by ElectroYoshi »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... :)
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline.
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

Hmm nice list :)
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

Phantomboy wrote:Great list Sir Wrek, I probably shouldn't be - but I am still always overly amazed by all the really creative stuff produced by this community. I had a chance not long back to get Legend of Zelda Twilight Princes as a local video store was going out of business, you see. However it was only 10 dollars off and I haven't played any other Zelda game before and was generally unsure if I should have or not.. Perhaps I should pick it up as some point :)
I'd definitely recommend playing it. It's quite something.
Miniike wrote:Nice list! I havn't played a few of those, guess I should try to find them.
They're all pretty cheap for the most part now, except MGS2, which can be semi-expensive if you want it as a collector's item...
EyceKubes wrote:Hmm nice list :)
Thanks, I appreciate the consideration. :)
I've been around since 2008. And I'm old. Yay. Pretty sure I notched a fair amount of LOTD/XPs but somehow always like my underrated levels more. Go figure. My best design days are behind me, but I'll try to not be too shabby.
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

Out of all of those I only have Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in my PS2
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

winningkill wrote:Out of all of those I only have Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in my PS2
Hey, San An is pretty epic, so no biggie.
winningkill

Post by winningkill »

SirWrek wrote:Hey, San An is pretty epic, so no biggie.
So I'm not missing on too much?
SirWrek
Editorial Staff

Post by SirWrek »

winningkill wrote:.

So I'm not missing on too much?
I mean, they're all excellent games, but save your money for some current-gen stuff- they'll be making HD bundles and remakes of the other games for years to come, seriously. You can always play them later anyway, it's not mandatory that you have to have played them or anything... ;-)