The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Sky Castle

Share great levels you've made or played.
Jamesski

Sky Castle

Post by Jamesski »

Welcome to Castle Sky. The Castle with no roof or edges. It is also the biggest castle ever. The people of the castle took away your people's diamond. Your mission is to get it back. Go and be careful.

This level is now amiable to play, so go play it. I'll be in the comments!
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

That actually sounds quite neat, I like Castle levels quite a bit. Also, you should post some screenshots :P It gets people even more interested :D
bionicnacho
Administrator

Post by bionicnacho »

Moved to Level Spotlight.

I'll check it out when I get a chance!
Do post some screenies, though.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Moved to Level Spotlight.

I'll check it out when I get a chance!
Do post some screenies, though.
That actually sounds quite neat, I like Castle levels quite a bit. Also, you should post some screenshots :P It gets people even more interested :D
Ok, you guys asked nicely so here are some screenshots!
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Hoping this gets LOTD! xD
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Lookin' good!
Be sure to add some variety to the environment, it'll look a bit dull if it's just floating blocks in the sky...try to make it look either like a floating island of some sorts, or add walls or something to the side, so it looks like you are on some sort of planet.
Take a look at popular levels and what the designers did to make them look interesting and fun to play, and try to copy what they did. (I'm just judging from the screenshots here, didn't play it yet.)

EDIT: Alright, attempted to play it.
It becomes really annoying to do the same stuff over and over again. I got to the bomb thingy, and rage quitted there because I ran out of ammunition and couldn't defeat the enemies who were flying around outside of my reach. Add some diversity to your levels, as fighting in Atmosphir is just really repetetive.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Thanks for the advice, what's your over all review
DvChayz

Post by DvChayz »

from the pictures, it looks pretty dull and unattractive, making it look like it was quickly made, try putting in more design and effect into it.

EDIT: ill put something about the gameplay when i get a good enough computer to download atmosphir
Jamesski

Post by Jamesski »

Ok, guys after all the comment about the game looking "bland," I have made it a bit better. I been working on this for about two hours now and here is what I did!

-- ADD ONS --
- Some cube liked clouds!
- Better Background to fit game!

Hope you like the improvements and play Version 1.1 (the new version if you have not) If yo did not play the game at all yet. Go play it!
Baufritz
Location: Trapped on a huge round rock hurtling with immense speeds around a fiery star.
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Post by Baufritz »

Well, the clouds look like big plus signs, and the gameplay is still very monotonous.
Atmosphir is a platformer/puzzle(/racing) game, not a combat simulator. Try to include some puzzles as well. I know they're a bit harder to design than plain ol' "KILL ALL ZE ENEMIEZ", but give it a shot.
If it's broken, fix it.
If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.