The forum has been archived
While the forum may not be active, the community still lives on Discord! Click here to join us.

Apple Discussion Thread

Phones, computers, tablets, and all other forms of electronic wizardry

a

a.
33%
a..
67%

Total votes: 15

TheLastLink
Design Competitions Voted: 2

Apple Discussion Thread

Post by TheLastLink »

So what about that new Iphone 5 and the rumored Ipad mini?
Zetta

Post by Zetta »

i heard its going to be amazing and worth the $599.99
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

apple sure doesnt have any news ideas nowadays
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

TheLastLink wrote:apple sure doesn't have any news ideas nowadays
That is true however they still work well and get the job done, also last for a long time.

However I just killed one of our school's iMacs I believe. Ill know for sure Monday as i'm the student tech guy. :P
freekboy31

Post by freekboy31 »

TheLastLink wrote:apple sure doesnt have any news ideas nowadays
I agree with you for this one.

Apple used to innovate what's ordinary. Now, phones look ordinary just like Apple iPhone.

My macbook cannot upgrade from 10.4.8 to 10.6 for some reasons. I think it was Macbook 2006 or 2008.
Recently, the same Macbook got its charger broken so I have to buy one soon.
:crate: :atmobot: coming soon..... :sentrybot:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :monkeyblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:
:brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock: :brickblock:

Lionboy

Post by Lionboy »

I honesty like apple. Well, I like their designs and the features they bring. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, an Apple iPod, and a Packard Bell PC. If I could choose, I would keep my phone and iPod, but buy a Mac instead. Simply because I like the design a lot and it has these awesome programs that allows me to be super-creative.

Please don't rage at me even though I like Apple thx.
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

freekboy31 wrote:I agree with you for this one.

Apple used to innovate what's ordinary. Now, phones look ordinary just like Apple iPhone.

My macbook cannot upgrade from 10.4.8 to 10.6 for some reasons. I think it was Macbook 2006 or 2008.
Recently, the same Macbook got its charger broken so I have to buy one soon.
I think you need to update it to 10.5.8 then to 10.6.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

We need to stop these greedy corporations.

Did you hear that Apple now has more money than the US govt?
Skyshark

Post by Skyshark »

Please. I'm pretty sure that at this point Woody Allen has more money than the US government. It's not even an accomplishment anymore.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I have more money than the US government. You do to.

The US goverment has less than -$15,000,000,000,000

So unless you owe someone more than 15 trillion bucks, you have more money than the US government.
Lionboy

Post by Lionboy »

Wowfunhappy wrote:I have more money than the US government. You do to.

So unless you owe someone more than 15 trillion bucks, you have more money than the US government.
Now I felt powerful
Phantomboy

Post by Phantomboy »

For the very minimum apple products I use, I would have to say that I like apple. I have been a PC user sense I my first computer, however the apple products seem decent enough, I would say they definitely have a better hold on the advertising business then Microsoft. I have only ever used a Macbook for the few times I have been in the store, the seem perfectly good as far as the average computer user is concerned.
TheLastLink

Post by TheLastLink »

actually no, everybody in the nation is in debt somewhere along the lines of $60k

i don't want to give apple money, they dont need it
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

I'm just disappointed with how they've stopped innovating lately... The iPod, iPhone, and iPad were all so creative, polished, innovative, and cool. Now... they've stopped. Look at the iPhone 4S and 5. Despite speed and camera improvements, the devices are almost exactly the same. They've stopped innovating, and although I hate to say it, I think it can be attributed to the death of Steve Jobs. He was the one really driving the company...

On a more personal level, I personally dislike iOS. There's nothing wrong with it; it's well designed, so if you find the interface and apps appealing, go ahead and use it. I myself just find it be... boring. It sounds like a silly complaint, but for me, it makes the entire OS really unpleasant to use...

On the other hand, I LOVE OS X. Everything is so smooth and fluid and polished and quick... it's a masterpiece (Okay, except for Lion. I don't like Lion, it isn't polished. Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion are better).

This is of course the often-inflammatory statement that no one ever agrees in, but I'll say it anyway because I think it's true: I myself believe that OSX is better than Windows, hands-down. Issue is, how much better? $500 better? $1000 better? Apple computers are just so darn expensive, buying a mac just isn't always economically feasible, no matter how good of an OS they run...
Lionboy

Post by Lionboy »

Wowfunhappy wrote:On the other hand, I LOVE OS X. Everything is so smooth and fluid and polished and quick... it's a masterpiece (Okay, except for Lion. I don't like Lion, it isn't polished. Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion are better).
Well, I don't like you either.
lol, I'm just joking. :P

I agree with you on a lot of these statements, but to be honest, I like iOS sometimes. It depends, because I do not like things like the new design on App Store for my iPod, it crashes my iPod, it lags and is just way more messy than it was before the recent update.
Hollabyte

Post by Hollabyte »

Hahaha! Love this! And while I'm in love with OSX (running snow leopard atm), I'm pretty intrigued by Windows 8.
👋 I used to be known as Prototype 🙂 🤖
Semesto

Post by Semesto »

Good point. :P

@Hollabit I'm a big fan of OSX i'm running Windows 7 atm and at one point ill be installing OSX on it. Windows 7 just never preforms, looks and behaves like an OSX.
EyceKubes

Post by EyceKubes »

Was kind of reluctant to even open this thread because I really don't like Apple. Really the only products I would ever use would be the iPhone and iPod Touch.

EDIT: was going to go on a rant but decided not to.
boberto

Post by boberto »

I gave up on Apple a long time ago. I have an enormous amount of respect for Steve Jobs, but Apple as a company is just a big sack of disappointment and hypocrisy. The company died with Steve.
Wowfunhappy
Administrator

Post by Wowfunhappy »

boberto wrote:The company died with Steve.
Oh come now, I remember what you said on Twitter. You've hated Apple since long before Steve Jobs died. :P